My children's message for Sunday is about Joy and how it differs from Happiness. My sermon is going to be about Joy and my scripture will be taken from 2 Corinthians 4:13-5:1. I was having a grumpy day. No matter what I did I just could not seem to shake it. I tried to work on my sermon and nothing was there. I finally found myself humming a little children's song I learned in VBS when I was a child and the next thing I knew I had a sermon and a joyful heart.
Do you know what the definition of Happiness is?
Websters says happiness is a noun that means…..
1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.
But today I am not going to talk about happy….I want to ask you….do you know what Joy means?
When it is used as a noun it means:
1. the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation:
2. a source or cause of keen pleasure or delight; something or someone greatly valued or appreciated:
3. the expression or display of glad feeling; festive gaiety.
4. a state of happiness or felicity.
When it is used as a verb it means:
5. to be glad; rejoice.
Do you feel Joy today? When things go wrong in your life….do you feel Joy? Joy should always be deep in your heart because of Jesus. We are going to sing a song today about Joy….I know you know it….so will you sing with me.
(Sing I've Got The Joy.....)