Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, February 18, 2008

Feeling Old






Last night I went to see Gordon Lightfoot in concert. Now, I know most of you are sitting there asking yourselves, "Gordon who?".....well anyways...he was one of my favorite singers in the late 60's early 70's. He is Canadian. Pre-concert, Tim, Patty, Amanda, Randy, Frank and I were sitting there watching the people claim their seats....and I laughed to myself at how old the concert goers appeared to be....then I realized I was one of them.....hummmmm....so the girls all asked each other...., "Do I look that old?" The lights dimmed and he walked out of stage....gosh....he looked old....his music began and I waited in anticipation for my favorites....finally....Sundown and The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald came.....I felt satisfied. Several months ago....I went to see Christ Tomlin and Matt Redman in concert....I never sat down and was hoarse when the concert ended from singing at the top of my lungs...nobody stood at this concert...it was a concert for old fogies....and an old fogie....I am not!....after an hour on stage he took an intermission.....we decided....to leave. I had personally had enough nostalgia for one night. I really enjoyed the company we were in....more than the concert we were attending....so we went to Applebees and had coffee and dessert.....just to extend the afterglow of the company....I was sad when the evening ended. On our way home....I thought about people I know....who miss the boat when it comes to spending time with friends. I am such a people person....I love being with people.....people are important to me....and I also realized....people were important to Jesus too....he spent time with people....and I want to be just like Him....and be a disciple....I just don't want to have to go see Gordon Lightfoot again to do that. Next time....maybe we can go see someone a little more uplifting.....I want to stand and sing....and be heard.....not be shushed for singing softly in my seat. Hummmm......Third Day sounds like fun!

No comments: