Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Today is my 6th wedding anniversary....I know you are asking yourself six years?....someone your age should have a good 30+ under their belt. I could probably boast of that if I combined the total of two marriages. I was married almost 25 years the first time.....and to be honest...should have quit at 1....but didn't. I am from the old school where you stayed married til death do you part....and for some odd reason...neither of us seemed to give it up and die.....so I stayed until my youngest graduated from high school. Now, I am not saying Ronnie was not a good man....he was.....he just wasn't the man for me. He was not a family kind of guy....he was more interested in his stuff....and not so much in ours.....Frank, my current husband, is a truly great guy. He is not only my husband....but he is my friend. He listens to me, makes it right when things are wrong....holds me when I cry.....loves my kids (that is a big plus), but the biggest plus about Frank is....that he not only let....but insisted that my parents come to live with us when their health began to fail. Believe me....that is cause for a Super Hero award. My mom is not the easiest person in the world to deal with, yet Frank does...day in and day out. If I had jewels I would give them all to him.....but I am sure God is watching from up above...and has started a bank account in his name.

Frank is the pastor at Waverly United Methodist Church....so not only is he my husband, my love, my friend....he is also my pastor. I am filled with such pride each Sunday as I sit in a pew on the second row and listen as he delivers the message. I love watching him study for Sunday. Last week before my dad went into the hospital for a minor surgical proceedure....I was actually electrified by him as he annointed my dad with oil and prayed over him. Wow...what a feeling!

Frank is fun to go places with....I love going shopping with him...and just holding his hand....because he holds my hand like I am a precious thing he does not want to lose. After six years....and past the age of 50 it amazes me daily.....we kiss each other good morning, good-bye, goodnight....say I love you multiple times daily....he calls me punkin.....and still makes my heart flutter when he reaches out for my hand. He is truly my soulmate and I love him dearly. I thank God each day for bringing him into my life. Today, January 26th....I am truly a blessed woman....and I feel special. Have a Happy Monday!

4 comments:

B said...

I had to laugh at your comment about neither of you giving up and dying. :) Hope things are a little better these past 6 years for you than those 25.

Sweet Tea said...

So you're sleeping with the Pastor, huh? Is this a confession of sorts? LOL I always joke about sleeping with my Sunday School Teacher (my hubby). It works for me!

Congratulations on this your Anniversary Day!!

Trina said...

ACK! I cannot believe I missed this!! Happy belated anniversary to you and Frank!!!!!

wind6 said...

This may be one of the sweetest things I've ever read.