Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Kat Tale - The End - Or Is It?


...I stand amazed every time I look at the legs of my child. I saw them at their worst, and I now see them as they become the very best they can be. There is still a slight discoloration on her legs. The spots look like huge strawberry birthmarks. The skin itself is as soft as a baby's skin and as smooth as silk. The sun is still a major nemesis and we must watch the time of day that Kathryn is out in full sun exposure. This time next year I hope that all that will remain on her legs is just memories. But whatever remains I will not complain. My daughter is alive today and bears but a few scars of what could have been but wasn't thanks to the prayers and quick actions of so many.

Labor Day weekend Kathryn returned to the place of the accident. Three months had passed and she felt ready to face her fear of Wind Creek State Park, so she attended a church-wide picnic. She handled it with the grace and style that she has handled the whole ordeal with. I am proud of her. Throughout the whole experience, I witnessed a fourteen year old handle things that many adults would never be able to handle. I watched a child blossom into the full bloom of young womanhood....and I was amazed at the beauty and grace that she possessed. God definitely has been the author of this tale....because of his omniscience and his constant love......this story doesn't end.....only one chapter is over. This story is just beginning and if I know God....this story is bound to be a best seller. Rock on Kat!

2 comments:

Trina said...

I remember seeing y'all one day either going or coming from the doctor's office shortly after Kathryn's accident. I didn't know you all that well at that time, so I don't think I spoke. (I was weird about stuff like that then.) But I remember thinking what a miracle it was that Kathryn wasn't more seriously injured than she was.

Her story, and yours, is one of those that makes you ask "why?" but I know that God has used both of you to share His message.

Sweet Tea said...

What a miracle you have to share. I read this post then went back to read about the accident. Amazing. So glad she has healed so well!

Thanks for stopping by my Blog to say "Hello"!