Well, it is Wednesday and that means that Linda, over at 2nd Cup of Coffee has come up with a dozen more random questions for us to respond to. This weeks are a little different I must say, but feel free to read my responses and laugh at them. Feel free to check out some of the other bloggers responses.
1. Do you believe, somewhere deep inside, that blondes do indeed have more fun? That they are "dumber" than brunettes or redheads? Be honest! I think that fun is a state of mind….if you want to have fun you will….no matter what color your hair is. Besides…what is hair color….a product in a bottle to be changed at whim. Blondes have more fun was a slogan to sell hair color products. And no….blondes are not dumber….they may act it sometimes….but some of the smartest people I know are blondes…..and one of the dumbest has jet black hair…and they are both naturals.
2. Which animal would you most like to observe in its wild habitat? Deer, moose, and elk would be my most favorite.
3. This week the U.N. announced that Dr. Mazlan Othman has been appointed the official "Alien Ambassador," should any extraterrestrials contact us. Have you, or has anyone you know, ever seen a UFO? I live in the South….but not that south. No one I know has ever seen a UFO.
4. Name your favorite Hitchcock film. Mr. and Mrs. Smith and Spellbound. I am not a big Hitchcock fan though...when I was a child his movie, "The Birds" scared me enough that even today when I see a large groupage of crows or pigeons I break out into a sweat and look for somewhere to hide.
5. Would you rather spend time at the library, the mall, a craft store or home? I am a multi tasker….I would have to stop by the Library to pick up some good reading materials….and then the craft store to make sure I was stocked up on crafting items….before heading home….to read my book…and do my crafts….with the telephone turned off….sigh! That would be a perfect day!
6. Which Disney princess is your favorite? (Or Disney character, if you are a guy) Pocahontas would be my choice….I am a descendant of the Creeks and Cherokees. My great great grandmother was a Creek princess....she was a real Pocahontas
7. What kind of art is your favorite? Monet is my all time favorite. Pablo Picasso would be my second choice. His Soñar is my favorite piece.
8. How do you feel about viral videos, that is, videos made by amateurs that end up on Youtube receiving thousands of hits? Well….my niece uploads videos of her son…..so that those of us who live a bazillion miles away can be part of his growing up….and I love that. Some of them are silly and are wasting space in my books.
9. Where do you buy your jeans? L.L. Bean, or the Lee factory outlet….or Walmart. It depends on where I am….and how much they cost when I need them.
10. Tell me about your first automobile accident. I was 19 years old, sitting in my Plymouth 383 waiting for a traffic cop so I could turn into my sub-division….when a VW bug topped a hill running 60+ in a 40 mph zone…and rear ended me. She knocked me 182 feet, knocked the gas tank out from under my car, knocked the engine block into the radiator of the car, broke my nose, busted my lip, gave me a concussion, and totaled my car. No one died…it was amazing….then….after rear ending me….she actually tried to sue me. The traffic cop was my only witness. I won….she lost. But, did I really win….my insurance paid for my car….she had none….my insurance went up. Life stinks like that.
11. Have you ever been honest when you knew you would benefit more if you would be dishonest? I am dishonest every single time I go and see my mom. She has dementia and does not live in this world…so I am dishonest with her because if I am not she gets agitated and demands for things to happen. She wants me to take her to Walmart so she can get a job…she hates working at Adams….I tell her Walmart is not hiring right now. I go to a lot of meetings….because that is the only way I can leave without her wanting to go with me.
12. If you were appointed "Ambassador to Aliens," what would you show and tell first about life on Earth? What would be the most difficult thing to explain? Most difficult thing to explain is why we have abused the planet. First about life on Earth – the majesty of the mountains, rivers, forests.
*If you want to play along....then go over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and copy the prompts, post your answers, and post your link on her site. That way all her followers can read your responses.....it can be very enlightening. Happy Wednesday!