It is Wednesday over at 2nd Cup of Coffee and if it is....then it is Random Dozen Day. I thought her questions this week were fun so I joined in. I hope you enjoy my answers and if you want to read some more go and check out the others who participated. You might even want to answer the questions about yourself. Have a Happy Wednesday and enjoy the read.
1. What insect are you most afraid of? Feel free to post a picture. I hate spiders and bee/wasps/yellow jackets/hornets. Spiders because they are creepy and the others because they hurt when they sting and I break out in hives.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do? I grow plants without any pesticides. I get all my bills sent via email.
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you. When I was in the second grade the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred. The West Palm Beach International Airport became a military base. The big planes that you can put a tank in began flying over my house and every night I dreamed that Nazi’s invaded my town and took my dad away….even as an adult this dream has surfaced from time to time. Weird huh?
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances? I missed a flight because of bad weather and the flight I was on was forced to circle the landing strip…I actually watched my plane take off…without me. I also missed one once…because my originating flight was late taking off.
5. What do you consider your best feature? My personality.
6. What was the last concert you went to? Michael Martin Murphy in Columbus and George Jones. We, Still Magnolias, opened for both of them. It was pretty awesome.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced. I have many of them believe me. My first time to wear high heels (they were French heels…maybe 2 inches high)…I hooked my heel in the back of my choir robe and fell down three flights of stairs…and landed in front of a boy I was liking….my dress and robe were over my head and my days of the week panties were shining…and I had worn Friday….because the Sunday ones were in the wash. I was mortified. The second biggie….was the first time my friend Carol and I sang a duet at church. We were doing “Put Your Hand in the Hand” I had to borrow a guitar from Larry Bergstrom….and the strap was not tight…so when we got up in front of the entire congregation…the first strum I made…made the guitar fall to the ground….and we sounded like something off of Andy Griffith. The boys nicknamed us the Hick Duet….so much for impressing someone. Sigh!
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer? I cannot whistle…never have been able to…it sounds like someone trying to whistle with a mouth full of crackers. I do hum…especially when I don’t know the words….but I am a singer. I live life like it is a musical. It is nothing for me to bust out in to song about anything…and rewrite songs with lyrics that fit the moment.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute? I drive an hour to and from work and this morning….as I drove into the rain….the sun was rising behind me….it was breathtaking….and I knew that no matter what storms I might face at work today….there is always a rainbow and sunshine following. You just have to be still and listen.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010? I will teach students.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.) Liberty Bell for me. I was awestruck the first time I saw it.
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships? Hard question. I have men friends and they are just that…men friends. BUT….I do not go places with them alone….it does not look right. I believe you can have platonic friendships with the opposite sex….but I don’t believe that they can be like girlfriends….you just can’t hang outr with them….especially if you are married. I am a firm believer that if you set yourself up for a fall…fall you will.