Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Do You Have the Power to Face Your Giants? I Do!

One of my favorite movies is called Facing the Giants and one of my favorite songs is “The Voice of Truth” by Casting Crowns and it says:
Oh what I would do to have

The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant

With just a sling and a stone

Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors

Shaking in their armor

Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name

And he laughs at me

Reminding me of all the times

I've tried before and failed

The giant keeps on telling me

Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!"

"You'll never win!"

1Sa 17:1 Now the Philistines gathered their armies for battle and were assembled at Socoh, which belongs to Judah, and encamped between Socoh and Azekah in Ephes-dammim. 1Sa 17:2 Saul and the men of Israel were encamped in the Valley of Elah and drew up in battle array against the Philistines. 1Sa 17:4 And a champion went out of the camp of the Philistines named Goliath of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span [almost ten feet]. 1Sa 17:32 David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of this Philistine; your servant will go out and fight with him. So let me ask you…..

WHAT ARE THE GIANTS THAT YOU ARE FACING TODAY?
• UNEMPLOYMENT
• DEBT
• DISEASES
• DEPRESSION
• DANGER
• ABANDONMENT
• ABUSE
• TRAGEDY
• BILLS
• WEAKNESSES
• REJECTION
• BROKEN RELATIONSHIPS
• ADDICTION
• HABITS
• TEMPTATIONS
• DISCRIMINATION
• FEAR
• DISCOURAGEMENT
• ANGER

DO YOU HEAR YOUR GIANTS SHOUTING AT YOU?
• You are not qualified for that job!
• You are not good enough!
• You can’t pay your bills!
• You can’t save your marriage!
• You are losing your kids!
• You cannot stop your vices!
• You can’t shake your past failures
• You don’t have a bright future!
• Your life is a mistake!
It is time for you to stand up now and face your giants by using the same tactics that God has given to David! David gave us a great object lesson on how to face our own giants. So the question is…are you ready to face yours?????
• To say goodbye to defeat and start victorious life with God? Are you ready?????
• To discover on how to face the giant challenges that we are facing today? Are you ready????
• To know the weapons that God prepares for us and claim the victory? Are you ready???
• To join the battlefield called life and be confident of God’s presence? Are you ready???
• To cut off the enemies head and overcome totally all the deception of the devil in your lives? Are you ready????
In order to accomplish this we must first plug into the force of power. In 1Sa 17:37 we find “The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine. Saul said to David, Go, and the LORD be with you.” David did not say that he delivered his flocks from the lion and bear. What he said was, “THE LORD WHO DELIVERED ME”. The Lord is the source of David’s power. All our electronics appliances will be useless unless connected to the source of electrical power. Our life is also useless if not connected to the source of our power no other than God. In 1 Samuel 10 we see the source of Saul’s power….1Sa 10:1 says, “ Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on Saul’s head and kissed him, saying, Has not the LORD anointed you leader over his inheritance?”  In 1Sa 10:6 we find “The Spirit of the LORD will come upon you in power, and you will prophesy with them; and you will be changed into a different person.”
Later, this anointing power of God to Saul had been forfeited because of a deliberate commission of sin against God. 1Sa 16:1says, “ The LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel?” And finally in 1Sa 16:14 “Now the Spirit of the LORD had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him.” In 1 Samuel 16 we are told of David’s empowerment: 1Sa 16:13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power…1Sa 18:14 In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him. Ok…so that was Saul and David…but what about us today…..yep…you guessed it…we are also empowered…..our
empowerment comes from the New Testament. In Acts we find….Act 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” In 1 Cor. We find Paul saying 1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching [was] not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. In order to face our giants…and defeat them….we must be prepared and choose the right weapons... We see The Stone of The Past in 1Sa 17:37 The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine. 1Ch 16:12 Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, We see The Stone of Prayer in 1Sa 30:6 David was greatly distressed because the men were talking of stoning him; each one was bitter in spirit because of his sons and daughters. But David found strength in the LORD his God. Psa 57:1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. Psa 59:16 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you…” We have to Invite God’s help. Pick up the stone of prayer. And don’t neglect…The Stone of Priority from 1Sa 17:46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand…., that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel. 1Sa 17:47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear; for the battle is the LORD’S, and He will give you into our hands." Remember your highest priority: God’s reputation. David saw Goliath as a chance for God to show off! Did David know he would exit the battle alive? No. But he was willing to give his life for the reputation of God. Your illnesses are God’s chance to show His healing power. Your sin is God’s opportunity to showcase His grace. Your struggles can billboard God’s power. See your struggle as God’s canvas. On it he will paint his multicolored supremacy. Then reach for The Stone of PASSION.  1Sa 17:32 And David said to Saul, Let no man’s heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine. 1Sa 17:48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came and drew near to meet David, that David hurried, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. Who bet on David? Who put money on the kid from Bethlehem? Not the Philistines. Not the Hebrews. Not David’s siblings or David’s king. But God did. David ran toward his giant and faced off. He is encouraging you to do the same! Remember; take up the stone of passion. There remains one more stone. It is the …. The Stone of Persistence. Why did David pick up 5 stones? Could it be because Goliath had four relatives the size of King Kong. Imitate him. Never give up. One prayer might not be enough. One apology might not do it. You may get knocked down a time or two…but don’t quit. Keep loading the rocks. Keep swinging the sling. Gen 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaks. And he said, I will not let you go, except you bless me.



5 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, that song makes me cry! I LOVE IT!

Thena said...

Thanks that reminded me that a lady at church read from a book by Max Lucado last week titled Facing Your Giants. Now I remember to look for it at the library.

Mimi said...

Boy do I hear that shouting in my head. I think my bi-polar amplifies it sometimes.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Tammy said...

Wow!!! Thank you...I so needed to hear that today. Was feeling a tad bit defeated, but now...I think I'll go chop off some heads!! :) Thanks!! IM READY!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Awesome, awesome post!!! Thank you for sharing!