Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle - Yummm Yummmm!

Kat and Brian were not with me for Thanksgiving Day....nope they came up on Tuesday night, we ate at T.J. Rockers in Roanoke and then we went home and visited until time for bed.  On Wednesday we got up and began some preparations for Thursdays lunch.  Kat wanted to be part of the meal even though she would not be there personally....so she made her famous dressing (and it was delish)....and she, Brian and I put together the greatest dessert of all time.  We were going to do a pumpkin cheesecake...but changed our mind and did a Paula Deen Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle....and I just had to share this recipe with you....not only is it easy....it is a pretty dish too.  Even for the non-pumpkin eaters in the world....this dish is wonderful.  It is not pumpkiny tasting...due to the gingerbread.   Ok...enough said...here is the recipe and I hope you try it and enjoy it.  It is definitely a keeper at my house.


Ingredients
2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Directions
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight....and right before serving....add some mounds of Readiwhip and then sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl or any tall bowl.

This is delish I promise you.  I loved it so much that I am making a strawberry punchbowl cake, a death by chocolate punchbowl cake and this for my parsonage Open House on Dec. the 12th.  Once I get my decorations all done and the table ready I will make some pictures and let you see how it looks.  I have been a busy bee since Thanksgiving Friday getting ready.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!






6 comments:

Jerralea said...

This trifle looks delish! I love trifles in pretty glass bowls - so festive. Your open house will be pretty I am sure. I am looking forward to seeing photos of it.

Tina said...

That looks so pretty and sounds delicious! One of my older sisters made a dish similar a few years ago and it was very good! Too bad I live too far from my younger sis to borrow her trifle bowl or is it Mom's?

Mary said...

Oh, man! How I love Paula's recipes! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Ι ԁo not know ωhethеr
it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing problems with your blog. It looks like some of the text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This might be a problem with my web browser because I've haԁ thiѕ hapρen bеfоre.
Chеers

mу web site the cruise control diet 2013

Anonymous said...

Ηi јust happenеd upon your blοg from Google after Ι entered in, "Blogger: Karen's Korner" oг perhapѕ something similaг (can't quite remember exactly). Anyhow, I'm glad I founԁ it sіmplу becauѕe yοuг subject matеrial is exactly what І'm searching for (writing a university paper) and I hope you don't mind if
I gather some materіal from here and Ι ωill of cοurse credit yοu as thе referenсe.
Thank you very muсh.

Наve a loоk at my hοmepage: Credit Repair magic download

Anonymous said...

Hello! I coulԁ have sworn І've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's neω to
me. Anywaуs, І'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be booκmarkіng аnd checκіng back fгequеntly!


My blog; how to digital dj fast download