This Side of the Pond has a new neme and I loved her questions so thought I would join in. If you want to see how people answered check out Joyce and Mary.
1. What is the most amazing weather you've ever seen?
I actually have two....the first would have to be the ice storm we had here in Alabama in the early 80's. Although dangerous the trees were gorgeous coated with a thick layer of ice. The second was when Kathryn was 8. We were in Washington D.C. for Spring Break and woke up to see 14 inches of snow on the ground. It was glorious. The picture above is a snow bank we came upon on the Blue Ridge Parkway when we were heading home. The kids were amazed!
2. What is a sound or noise you love? Children, especially babies, laughing.
3. Do you like seafood? What's your favorite seafood dish? I adore seafood. I was born and raised on the coast in South Florida. I do not like raw oysters....it has nothing to do with the taste though...it is all about the texture...they remind me of snot.
4. What part of your day requires the most patience? That would have to be from 8:00-3:14. That would be when I'm at work with all my munchkins. Even my lunch period can be a bit harried sometime.
5. What's your favorite shade of blue?
I am like Mary here....blue IS my favorite color. All shades. I don't have a favorite shade of blue! I love them all.
6. Do people underestimate you? People don't usually....I underestimate myself most of the time.
7. When was the last time you had butterflies in your stomach? When I sang at a big church thing in Roanoke.
8. Insert your own random thought here, and remember...I have a wooden spoon and I'm not afraid to use it. What irks me the most? The sound of bickering....whether it be adults or students.....I hate it AND people on facebook ragging each other about their favorite football teams....obviously this only happens in the South. I don't mind you rooting for your team...but can we leave the negative comments alone....griefus....this is as bad as bickering.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
8 months ago