Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Have You Seen My Daughter?

Randy and Amanda had dinner last night at a favorite Mexican restaurant in Lanett.  Some of their conversation appeared on Randy's Caring Bridge post for the day and it took me back to a time in the not so distant past.  Once when Kat was somewhere between 2-3 we went to Boaz, AL (the then outlet capital of the U.S.) to the Vanity Fair outlet.  I loved this place.  They had Lee jeans which were my all time favorite jeans in the world.  This place was huge and had what seemed to be mile long racks of jeans and other stuff.  Kat was secure in her stroller....and all the adults(there were three of us) were shopping.  I found something cute for Kat and when I walked to the front of the stroller to show it to her....she was GONE!  I thought I had died right then.  My child was gone....How long had she been gone????  Panic mode set in but I ran to the security office and reported my daughters absence.  I was sick....my daughter was GONE!  The man in the office asked me describe everything she had on....and you know....I did....and still can to this day.  She had on a pair of Osh Kosh B'gosh overalls (lavender) a floral turtleneck, and red, white, and blue Wildcat tennis shoes(she would not go anywhere without them)....and she had the most amazing red hair.  The store issued a Code Adam, locked down the store...and I felt like I was going to throw up.  In the meantime.....Kat had emerged from her newly found fun thing to do....walking through clothing tunnels...and found a grey haired lady....and asked her if she were her granny...the lady had heard the Code Adam and told Kat she wasn't her granny but she would take her to her....and she did...right straight to the security office.  The whole event may have taken 10 minutes....but in my mind it took days....and years were taken off my life.  Hummmm do  you suppose that was the beginning of this white hair?  This is why young people have children....Happy Tuesday to all!

No comments: