Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day One of Winter Xtreme

Wow!  We left Rock Mills yesterday a little before 8 and headed to Gatlinburg.  The ride was pretty uneventful even though there were several shady areas where ice and snow were still on the ground.  We got checked in at the Convention Center and then went to our hotel to check in there.  We are staying at the Smokey Shadows in Pigeon Forge.  Our hotel is great.  We have two king sized beds and a jacuzzi in our room. Our balcony opens up to view the beautiful Christmas lights on 441.  We ate at CC's Pizza...and it was packed....only because they were holding three long tables for a bus who was not there, over and hour late....and when we had eaten and left....was still sitting there empty......our group had to eat at three different tables because of this.  Granny Grumps mode kicked in on me....I was tired and showing signs of travel.  We got back to the Convention Center and were late because of the traffic  Our seats were on the very back row of the left side.  We could see.....because they had three jumbotron screens up.  Last night we saw Mercy Me, Tenth Ave. North (they are from my home town - West Palm Beach) and heard some really great speakers.  We returned to the motel and met with the kids for a debriefing and discussion....we all turned in and I think I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  What a glorious day!  I can't wait for Tuesday.  God Bless You All!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California, USA. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

I added myself to follow your blog.

You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)

God Bless You, ~Ron