Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to All!

I am so excited about tonight!!!  Some of my favorite traditions begin tonight...and we have a lot of them that we have carried out over the years.  This is the first year as a pastor that we have gotten to host come and go communion at our church.  Frank and I will serve to who ever drops in from 5-7.  During this time we are expecting Clay and Missi to arrive from Nashville.  They will be with us this weekend and I have been so excited all day.  Frank and I will open our gifts to each other tonight.  We always wait until everyone is fast asleep and then we sit in front of the tree and cuddle and open presents.  I love this moment. Tomorrow morning we will have breakfast with the Towler family....and then Missi and I are going to see my mom and visit her mom's grave.  We will come back, cook for tomorrow night and about 3 head to Amanda's for our big family thing.  We are so blessed this year because Randy is going to be with us for the celebration.  This is truly God's answered prayer.  Most of you know that Randy had a stem-cell transplant after Thanksgiving.  We will also get to see the two new babies in the family....David and Susanna will be there with new baby Tommy....and of course his big brother Wheeler (Big Wheels)....Ramona and Dustin will be there with my precious Drew...they will have a new baby, William Alexander, in May.  Della and John will be there with their new sweetheart, Jax.  Our family is full of sweet little baby boys right now.  Kat and Brian are both sick...but they are coming to my house tomorrow for a bit...they are not going to Amanda's...because they don't think Randy needs to be around them.  We have a big surprise for Kat....and that is all I am going to say today....I will blog about it on Sunday....with pictures....can't wait for you to know!  I miss being Santa and putting stockings together.  We visited with Eric and his family this morning and took their gifts to them, my godmother, Frances, and my dear friend, Deborah and delivered gifts today.  Life has gotten so busy that it takes away from spending time with the ones you love sometime.  I promised Deborah...we crossed our hearts and shook hands that 2011 we would spend more time together....seriously, I can't wait for the rest of today and tomorrow.....because it means being with the people I love!!!!  I hope each of you has a very Merry Christmas and thoroughly enjoys the time with your family...hug them once for me. I pray that each of you know the JOY and HOPE that came with the birth of a baby....the Savior, Jesus Christ.....who died for YOU.
Merry Christmas with Love!  K

2 comments:

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Merry Christmas Karen -- Looking forward to a New Year ....filled with God's Blessings!

Jerralea said...

Merry Christmas, Karen. It sounds like a wonderful time with family and friends you have planned. May it be even more special than you had hoped!

God bless you and yours in 2011.