Today is Wednesday and over at From From This Side of the Pond that means it is Hodgepodge day. I loved the prompts this week so I joined in. I am a sucker for Christmas based writing prompts. Always have been. I don't guess that will change with age.....at least I certainly hope not!1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version - a carriage ride?
I have never been on a real sleigh ride but I would love to go on one. I have been on a carriage ride in Central Park, Savannah, and Charleston and loved it every time. I also have ridden in a gondola in Venice....did not enjoy that so much.
2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward? They annoy me usually and I delete them. Especially from the friends that send me nothing but those. I DO skim the titles and if it looks like something Frank can use in a sermon or his Frankly Speaking part of the church bulletin I will read them....clear all the sends and send it on to Frank.
3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why? Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life. I love him because he does not realize just how important he is in the life of others. I have been there myself and done that....and thanks to him...realized that I am important.
4. Share a favorite quote.
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away”
5. What's your favorite holiday scent?
The smell of Christmas/Thanksgiving spices, vanilla, anything spicey cooking...peppermint candles
6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?
I have to admit they do a little bit. There are just too many things to do and not enough time to do them. I thought this was going to be an easy week....wrong. Monday night Bible study, Tuesday the Annie Moses concert, Wednesday night church, Thursday night we bowl, Friday night choir called practice, Saturday...home in the morning and evening....singing at 2 about an hour away, Sunday....morning Christmas program, 3-5 my open house, and night the kids Christmas program....talk about a jam packed day...that gets it. In between all this...I have to clean and cook for Sunday. Whew!
7. What's the best thing about your life right now? My precious Frank, my darling Kat and her sweet Brian, and lovely Amy and her precious Stephen...and the rest of my extended family.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Have you ever had a roasted chestnut? I have not and would love to put some on a fire and watch them go....pop, pop, pop. Do they really do this? Why would you put them in your fireplace if they are going to explode? Just asking. Here is another of my favorite Christmas carols. The Annie Moses Band sang it at the concert last night and it was awesome. It literally took my breath away. I could not find it on you tube....so I am sharing my second favorite version....Celtic Women! Happy Wednesday to all! XOXO K