Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodge Podge Vol 46

It is Wednesday again, the last one in September, and that means it is time for my weekly responses to Joyce's Hodge Podge.  I love this time of the week.  I get such a kick out of some of the questions and have to really think on the others.  There are a lot of us who do this and if you would like to read their responses then jump over to Joyce's blog and check them out.
1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you're not in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?    My favorite memory of Summer 2011 has to be the SMAK trip to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard with Susan, Missi, and Amanda.  After 20 months of deaths it was actually fun to go and just play.  I can't wait for SMAK 2012.  I think we are going whale watching off the coast of Maine somehwhere.  All I want to do is set foot in Vermont...then I will have 49 of 50 states under my travel belt.
2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right? Cashews, Macademia and Pistashios are my favorites and I love them all the same. I became quite fond of Macademias when Mary and I went to Hawaii and visited the Macademia nut farms. 
3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test?  I have vertigo so climbing really puts my sense of balance to the test.  When I get up....sometimes I can't get down.  Once at Crampton Bowl in Montgomery at a football game I went up to their press box to call the band's half-time show...and when I started down realized...it was not going to happen.  One of the other Band Booster parents came up and got in front of me and walked me down....it was terrifying to me.
4. How would you describe your sense of humor?  I have a good sense of humor....sometimes sarcasm rears its ugly head....but for the most part...I love to laugh.  I can't tell jokes though.  My students have asked me why I don't do stand up on the side.  I tell them it is because I like to eat...and regularly.
5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question? I don't have one because I believe the only stupid question is one not asked.
6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose.  I loved roller skating back in the old days....I remember the first pair of skates with a key that I got.  We used to rollerskate in front of Carol's house on the sidewalk and under the carport of Mr. Gunnell when he was not home...... I also loved jumping rope....and watching competitive jump rope....hula hooping, now that was a major challenge for me....I have no hip rhythm.
7. What's your most sentimental possession? I have several of these.  I have a necklace that was my grandmothers, a ring holder that was my mother in laws, a door knob (looks like a huge diamond) that was my grandmothers, and a bracelet that was my moms....but my most prized is my grandfathers taterbug mandolin.
 8. Insert your own random thought here. Since October is here....I can't resist...what was your most favorite Halloween costume?  Back in the day when Halloween was innocent and neighbors gave you homemade goodies (or pennies...I hated that).....Mine was the Beatles....we were in elementary school at Belvedere and we were Beatles fans big time.  Were we not cute...and yes...I was an amazon by the time I was in the fourth grade....actually in fifth grade I was one of the tallest in my class.  I wore the same size shoe I do now.....and then I suddenly quit growing in the sixth grade and have been 5'5" ever since.
Kathy(far left leaning against the tree) was Paul, I(the tallest one), was John, Carol (khaki pants front), was George, and her little sister Hon (Cathy is her real name was Ringo).  Happy Wednesday!  Don't forget to check out the other Hodge Podge remarks over at Joyce's

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

I love the photo of you girls dressed as the Beatles.
About the roller skating: the name caught my eye. My maiden name with only one l and an s. Where was this? The name isn't all that common. I've never met anyone with the name who wasn't related and known to me.
Mama Bear

Joyce said...

Oh my word I love the Beatles costume! That is so cute! My daughter does not like stadium steps either. I'm kinda surprised there are not more falls on those.

Mary said...

The Beatles were a great idea! I'm not that creative, so I never really enjoyed dressing up. Getting the candy, yes, but not dressing up!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I never really dressed up in anything special for Halloween.
Those are wonderful treasures you have. Enjoy the rest of your week.