Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, January 30, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday

It is not even 8:00 and the kids are coming in.  I walked into the building at 7:00 this morning to the sound of two girls (I was going to call them young ladies....but NOT!) screaming obscenities at the top of their lungs, at each other.  One of the administrators had them in hand....sent one to one office....and took the other one to his office to call her mom...they were going home.....they had been here for a grand total of 15 minutes.  The girls are first cousins....and whatever they were squabbling about started this weekend at home.  Sigh!  Most of the fights and things that happen in school begin either at home....or in the community.  I had a rough night of disjointed and crazy dreams......I woke up at my regular time....but that was as far as it went.  So....I was running late this morning....just could not get any get up and go and did not leave my house until 6.  I usually leave around 5:45....but the extra 15 minutes meant driving in with daylight....not dark.  Good thing....I counted 27 deer this morning either standing in the road....or on the side of the road. I think tomorrow is the last day of deer season....so today they are taunting the hunters. It is 7:47 and I am sitting at my desk, as we speak, and the kids are so loud out in the hall.  I don't know what went on in town this weekend.....but one of our students was shot in the arm at a "club."  I wonder sometimes what 15+ year olds are doing at these clubs. The stuff they talk about (and they talk loud enough for me to hear....and answer questions if I choose to ask them) makes the hair on the back of my neck rise.  It is frightening.  I hate Monday's!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a lot of deer! It's a crazy world we live in today and I feel sorry for those kids.