Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Daily Gifts of Grace


About the Book:  Daily Gifts of Grace, Devotions For Each Day of Your Year, is written by some of my favorite authors (Luci Swindoll, Marilyn Meberg, Patsy Clairmont,  Joni Eareckson Tada, Sandi Patty,  Lisa Whelchel,  and Sheila Walsh,  who all just so happen to be part of the Women of Faith team. Each page long devotion is honest, personal and good reads.  I could hardly wait to see what the next vignette was going to be.   January 7th is called “Fresh from the Fall.”  The scripture is from Job 4:4 “Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have strengthened the feeble knees.”  The story is by Natalie Grant and is about a time when she fell off the stage during a performance.  Each story is followed by a personal prayer. 
My Thoughts:  I recommend this for those who want something to start their day with or those who might be looking for a brief interruption during a stressful day. It's perfect to keep in a purse or car to read while waiting. It would be great for a quick glance during a coffee break. Each story begins with a scripture and the scripture is not necessarily about the story.  My book was an e-book and so easy to pull up in many situations.  I personally enjoyed the inconsistent flow from one reader to the next.  It amazed me how each day there always seemed to be a nugget of truth just for me.  I will definitely give this book as a gift and recommend it to my friends.  It is a sweet read.
Disclaimer:  I received a copy of this book in ebook format from Thomas Nelson Publishing Company  in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own and may differ from others.

No comments: