1. What's something people might ask you for help with? Taking family photos or pictures of their flowers. I am an amateur but love to shoot people in natural poses and flowers in yards. I also get asked from time to time to proof papers for high school students and college students.
2. What's something you might ask someone else for help with? Baking. I asked one of the youth at Rock Mills a week ago to teach me how to make Whoops tea cakes. She came over and we had a great morning cooking.
3. Did your family take summer vacations when you were a child? If so, where did you go? If you're a parent, did/do you plan summer vacations with your own family? Did/do they resemble those you took as a child? We took vacations when I was a child....to Alabama to see the grands. I always felt cheated on them because my cousins all went on real vacations to see the world. We took mini vacays to places all over Florida. My favorite ones were Key West and Sanibel Island. I still love to go there. I planned vacations for my kids when they were younger. They usually involved going to the beach or mountains to see my friend Susan and her family. When Kat got a little bigger and money was not so tight we took real vacations. We have been to 48 of the 50 states. While her friends went to Disney World and other theme parks....she was seeing the last existing sod house, Mt. Rushmore, the world's largest ball of twine, Anne of Green Gables house in PEI....etc. One of the greatest trips we took was to Los Angeles. We stopped at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and enjoyed the trip to the west. Kat and I also enjoyed the 19 day excursion to the Pacific Northwest with the Brown family and our duo trip up the coast to PEI. She loves to travel and I love traveling with her.
4. Pool-lake-ocean...which one is most appealing to you on a hot summer day? Pool. I want to see the bottom. I love the ocean....but to lay out by and walk along. I do not like the feel of the earth squishing between my toes at the lake.
5. Have you ever justified using the expression, 'you gotta be cruel to be kind'? Was it really necessary or were you rationalizing? I have never used it. I am not one who needs to be brutally honest. I would rather say it in a kinder way. I think brutal honesty is mean.
6. The Journal of Psychology recently mentioned the results of a survey identifying the ten most hated foods as-liver, lima beans, mayonnaise, mushrooms, eggs, okra, beets, brussel sprouts, tuna, and gelatin. Of those foods, how many do you actually hate? Anything you'd add to the list? I detest liver, butter beans (big limas), green lima beans, mayonnaise, okra (but only if it is boiled), beets, and brussel sprouts. I would want to add cauliflower to the list and any organ meat. I also do not like whole fish served to me. Yuck to those for sure.
7. What's your favorite book or movie set in a beach or lake town? Any of Nicholas Sparks books that are about coastal towns...and the movies they have made from them.
8. Hurricane Season is upon us. Tropical storm Chantal is headed for the east coast of Florida. Have you ever experienced a hurricane/tornado? What memory did it leave you with? I lived through many hurricanes as a child growing up in Florida. The worst experience I remember is Opal in Alabama. The neighbors house actually exploded and when the hurricane was over their bathtub, clothes, and a host of other household items were in the trees in my front yard. It was a long night. Florida hurricane training as a child helped me prepare for Opal.