Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Heartbreaking Letter From Megan

It has taken me a few days to be able to post this.  Every time I have sat down I could not find the right words to put on the page.  This morning I got up and decided I would write today because I needed to.  My story begins on Saturday morning when Frank and I got a call that pastors dread getting.  We were on our way to UAB in a matter of a few minutes.  One of the babies I have been asking for prayer for was not doing well.  My heart broke during the two hour trip.  When we were almost there this note was posted on Kash and Kruze Facebook page from Megan.  "Good morning.... This might be the hardest thing I've ever had to say/write...... But here we go...... Baby Kash is not doing good. The infection she had from birth attacked her brain, she had an MRI done on Thursday that showed that all she has left from the infection is her brain stem, she will not survive this. We have requested that she be moved back to UAB so that they can be together. they are requesting us to pull her from support when we are ready. we are requesting prayers of peace.... We are not questioning His will, we know our baby girl deserves more than a life with no laughter and fun.... This is hard for all of us as we try to understand, please pray. Thank you all for your love, support, and continuous prayers. we love you all."  Frank talked with Keaton and was so impressed when Keaton said that he was so blessed that they had had three months with Kash.  When the girls were born they were given a zero chance of survival and she had touched their lives for this long.  We visited for a few hours and then when Marcie, Sherry, Jett, and Glenda got there Frank anointed both babies.  The decision was made to wait until after Christmas.  The ride home was relatively quiet.  Frank shared the story of his talk with Keaton and I sat in thought about the impact those girls had had on our community.  I have witnessed first hand the bringing together of a community in support of this sweet family and it has been an amazing thing.  Keaton got to hold Kash for the first time on Saturday, Marcie, Tracy, Aunt Lyndi, Aunt Sherry, all held her on Sunday. 
On Saturday the hospital sent a professional photographer to make pictures of the girls together,
Santa and Mrs. Claus came to visit them, and then Mandy(a friend of the family) came and took family Christmas pictures. 

 

 




 
 
They have packed a lot of joy and living in just a few days.  Christmas morning was quiet for them.  Santa visited the girls. 

As the new year comes into view I am asking that you continue to pray for this special little family and the days to come.  If you could meet them, you would love them just like we do. 

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Karen, thank you so much for posting all the beautiful photos. I've been following them on Facebook and I was so sad when she posted about Kash. I've been keeping them in my prayers and my heart aches with them.