Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hodge Podging December Style - Volume 154

Ho-Ho-Hodgepodge questions are here. Nobody has anything else they should be doing, right? We all need a little breather from the holiday prep, so why not join in this fun meme? Answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back here and post your link. The more the merrier!


1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.  I am a pastor and we have a story, scripture, and light a candle each Sunday at church.  I am also doing an Advent devotional for myself at school every day.

2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?   Dasher because I have been dashing around making up time from the days I missed at school last week.  I was out Monday and Tuesday because I fell on Thanksgiving Day and then half day Thursday and all day Friday because I attended a conference.  I scheduled that conference before I knew I was going to take a spill and miss two days. 

3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?  Too loud for me.  I have a hearing issue in one ear and pep rallies at school kill me.  I have been pretty well balanced with noise and silence lately.

4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!
When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do?  If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through? I am not administratively gifted and I am a good direction follower.  I do my job when you give it to me.  I get frustrated when the administrator does it before I have a chance to do what I am assigned. 

5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?  Most dreaded task....hum....none.  I love Christmas and all that goes with it.  The baking, the decorating, the wrapping...everything.  My most looked forward to task would be the wrapping.  I love wrapping presents.

6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot.  Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)  I have to say....Obamacare and the government right now.  They are shamefully slack.  I am beginning to believe that they too should be allowed to only serve two terms and when they leave the position....go back to their other jobs.  State....and national!  There have been some Senators and Representatives that have been an embarrassment due to fact that they have been there too long.  I also feel that way about College professors who teach teachers after having been out of the classroom reality for too long.

7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?  A vacation each year!

8.  Insert your own random thought here. I am doing Capture December with my daughter this year.  She found it on Pinterest and I loved the whole concept.  What is something about the month of December that you might think is something you would want to capture in your memory for the month of December? 

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I agree with you about politicians at every level, and school administrators as well. I have always said school administrators were usually good teachers, but they become so far removed from the classroom they lose sight of the forest. I think they should periodically have to take a turn in the classroom-say every few years, even if its to fill in on a maternity leave. Just get in there and experience that side of it again.