Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 28, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Choose


It is time again for Five Minute Friday.  I am needing this today because I am feeling empty.  So you ask yourself....what exactly is Five Minute Friday?  Well it is a time when we write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that Lisa Jo posts on her blog at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And then +we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FMFParty (It stands for Five Minute Friday Party). No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real. It started because she’d been thinking about writing and how often our perfectionism gets in the way of our words. And she figured, why not take 5 minutes and see what comes out: not a perfect post, not a profound post, just five minutes of focused writing. So now on Fridays a group of people who love to throw caution to the wind and just write without worrying if it’s just right gather to share what five minutes buys them. Just five minutes. Your words. This shared feast. It’s easy to join in, just: Check what the prompt is on Lisa's blog. Write a post in only five minutes on that topic on your blog. {And if you don’t have a blog, no worries! Just leave your writing as a comment on her post} Link over here and invite friends to join in.  Using the blue linky tool at the bottom of her Five Minute Friday post and enter your link. It will also walk you through selecting which photo you want to show up in the linky. Your post will show up in the Five Minute Friday linky. It is easy peasy.  Be sure and encourage the person who linked up before you! Our most important requirement for participation: There’s really only one absolute, no ifs, ands or buts about it Five Minute Friday rule: you must visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. Ok, so let’s write for five minutes flat. All on the same word:
 CHOOSE
 
Go:
   


To choose or not to choose that is my question.  I am sitting in an empty rclassroom filled with student's desk and trash scattered everywhere.  I could choose to clean it up, work on lessons for next week, read a book....but instead I choose to blog.  It is Friday and I am empty.  It is time to choose to open up my mind and let my fingers and thoughts go wild.  I have already got my sermon done for Sunday morning.  I decided earlier in the week and chose to get a handle on this so I could do taxes during the weekend.  This is something I chose to do.  My sermon is from Matthew 17:1-9 and it is about choices....When God is calling us we can choose to listen and obey, or choose to go the other way. I remember a story my dad once told about making choices.  It seems there was a little boy in the drug store with his mom and there was this glass jar with penny candy in it on the counter.  The little boy looked at the candy....and then at his mom....and then at the owner over and over again.  Finally the owner told him to choose a handful of the candy....but the little boy just kept standing there.  After a while the owner reached in took out a handful of candy and gave it to the little boy.  The mother was embarassed.  Why did you not choose your own candy and get it she asked?  The little boy said....I chose to let the owner get a handful for me.....because his hands were bigger than mine.  So....we have a choice in life....Do we choose God's plan for our lives....or do we choose our own plans?  If it comes down to me making that choice....I am picking God's plan...cause his hands and plans are bigger.   Choose wisely my friend.

3 comments:

The Howell Blessings said...

I LOVE that story of the little boy and the grocer! ANd I especially love how you made it mine by letting me see how when we choose to let God give us things, rather than getting things our way, we get MORE than we could ever get ourselves!

Thank you for sharing that!

Unknown said...

Choices are so important! Great post! Stopping by from FMF

Lori said...

Love your perspective! Thank you for posting.