1. What's the biggest change since your childhood in the way people think or act?
I remember being afraid of what would happen to me if I misbehaved out somewhere and the teacher was ALWAYS right. Now, that is not the case. Kids don't even show their mom's respect and the parents come to the schools and scream and yell at how their little babies are being mistreated. The police are not respected, no authority is....but kids...or their parents. Please and Thank You seem to be something of the past. I was flipped off by an old lady last week....COME ON!
2. The Olympic Biathlon involves cross country skiing broken up with two or four rounds of target shooting. Which part of that would stress you out more? Or would you love them both equally?
I love to shoot....but this would be a major stresser for me.
3. February is National Canned Food Month...what is your most purchased canned food item? What was in the last can you opened?
I made baked beans on Saturday. I need two cans of beans to make this. I also made a poor man's pie and since my frozen fruits are all gone I used canned ones. I prefer fresh....but will use certain brands of canned or frozen if needed.
4. What river (anywhere in the world) would you most like to cruise?
I have to agree with Joyce on this one. It would definitely be The Rhine hands down. I would love seeing all the ...castles, vineyards, and fairy tale towns in The Netherlands, France, Germany and Switzerland. One of those bucket list things for me.
5. It's the middle of the night and you can't sleep...what do you do? Count sheep? Toss and turn? Watch television? Or do you get up and do something productive? I read, crochet, do productive things, write, read my Bible, pray. It depends on why I can't sleep. I am very quiet and use minimal lighting in the house.
6. How important is keeping your cool? In my line of work keeping my cool is a must. Blowing up is not going to do anything constructive with my kids. It just makes them over react as well...and then I end up apologizing. I grew up with a mother who could cut you to the core in a matter of minutes and I have never wanted to follow her example.
7. I've got white stuff on the brain so why not run with it? White lie, wave the white flag, white knuckle it, white wash a situation, or white as a sheet...which phrase could most recently apply to your own life in some way? White knuckle it....when we were hit with Snowmaggedan and it took me twice as long to drive home on slick ice and roads you could not distinguish because of the snow covering it....yep...definitely a white knuckle moment for me.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Here is my random thought for today. I learned this lesson yesterday due to a spider bite and students who enjoyed freaking me out.