Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Everyone is welcome to play along...answer on your own blog, then add your link to the party over on Joyce's blog. Here are my answers to Joyce's questions this week-
Yes we are. There is no argument to this. When you become an adult you are responsible. The only exception would be someone with a mental illness. My Down's grandson understands responsibility for his actions.
2. Has anyone from your home town become famous? Yes! Chris Noel was an actress who appeared in movies, went to Vietnam with Bob Hope. Burt Reynolds is from my home town as is Monty Markham. There are many more but I only have a little time to get this done.
3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot? I own two. I have a small one and a large one. Yes I did use it last month. I use it often. I love making oatmeal, chili, spaghetti sauce, soups, etc....I love using mine. We also have a slow roaster that we do hams, turkeys, big chickens, etc. in. It is awesome!
4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?
I don't like it....but I agree with Joyce. It is 2014. We are all over the internet....and Pandora's box has been opened. There is no closing it now.
5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday...will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
I will definitely be watching. I have never been to Russia. I would love to see any of it. I am a big Winter Olympics fan. I have been to see a few soccer games when the Olympics were in Atlanta. I would love to be there for the Opening or Closing Ceremonies.
6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.
I got hit in the head with a softball during a practice. Then....while rounding second base I tripped over the base, sprawled out on the field, and badly broke my ankle.
7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, bike, swim, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that at least motivates you to get up off the couch? Born to Be Wild makes me want to run.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Queen Latifah's rendition of America the Beautiful made me cry at the Super Bowl. It and the National Anthem were two of my best memories of the game.....well and the Budweiser commercial with the puppy. What say ye?