Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! When you click here to add your link at the end of Joyce's post, please make sure you're linking to your Hodgepodge post, and not your blog in general (or a non-Hodgepodge related post!)...makes for much easier reading for any visitors who wander your way. 
Here are my answers to this week's questions-
 

1. March is known as the windy month. Which of the following phrases best fits your March so far...'throw caution to the wind', 'three sheets to the wind', 'run like the wind' or 'see which way the wind blows'?  Throw caution to the wind.  We have done some rather crazy things this month...starting with attending a retirement seminar that actually made me think seriously about retiring....ready or not.  Scary....but may happen.
 2. Your favorite green food? Your favorite recipe made with your favorite green food?
I'm going with an avocado, and my favorite recipe made with that would be guacamole. The other green foods I love....green beans and turnip greens...I eat pretty much plain.  There is no recipe.

 3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell!  Yes, several times actually.  One night when I was coming home from college.  There were five of us who rode together.  It was pouring down rain when we got back.  Everyone jumped out and jumped in their cars and left.  I could not find my keys....because they were laying on the seat of my car.  A policeman made his rounds about 30 minutes after I got there.  I had no cell phone, I had no where to get out of the rain....I just stood there.  They managed to open my car after about 30 more minutes....and by the time I headed home I was a drowned rat and miserable.  When I got home....all my family was tucked in for the night and snoozing just fine.  I wanted to wake them all up....but thought better of it.  I ended up with a nasty cold and missed a couple of days of work.  I never let my friends leave me at home....or at my car....until I have my keys in hand and am safely inside.  
  
4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters, Inc.)...of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite, and why?  I am going with Joyce on this one and saying, The Grinch, because he's changed by the love, faith, and kindness of strangers.

5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten  Do you agree? Why or why not?  Agree 100%. When hope dies people stop caring. 

 6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in its title.  Crying by Roy Orbison.  My dad used to play this song all the time and sing with him.  It always made me laugh.

7. What's a road trip you'd like to take?   Route 66 from beginning to end in a convertible.  My friend Mary and I were planning to do this the summer of 2012.  She died before we could take it. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.   It is Spring Break in my school system and Frank and I decided to come to Knoxville and visit with friends.  They have sold their house...close on April 11th....and have to be out that day..... and we have been helping them move some stuff from the house to the storage container.  They will be living in a camper on the property for a while....so we thought we would make one more trip to see the house on Trailhead.  What do you do for Spring Break? 

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, first we need to actually have some spring : ) No spring break here really, but hubs and I are going to Charleston for a few days in May to attend daughter1's boyfriend's med school graduation. I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't been to Charleston in years. Enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Y'know? I don't ever recall having tried turnip greens....I like turnips, so this would probably be quite tasty.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I thought about attending one of those seminars recently....do you recommend it? Well you learned a valuable lesson and now I will make sure I have my keys before someone leaves me. I have done the Route 66 with my family when I was young. Also back in Illinois I lived right off of Route 66 and also here in California our last home was off of Route 66!