Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Ash Wednesday Hodge Podge

It is Wednesday and Ash Wednesday to boot so I was excited to be visiting Joyce's blog to answer my questions.  Want to join in?  It is simple just answer on your own blog then hop back here  to share answers.  Newcomers are always welcome!


1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way?  I can't remember being that mad for a very long time.  I am sure it had something to do with school though.

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going?  Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home?  I have never been to Mardi Gras and don't ever want to go.  It is something that is not on my bucket list.  I love the colors and green is most prevalent in my wardrobe.  None of the colors show up in the parsonage. The walls are whitish...and the furniture is floral and maroon. 

3. Are you old fashioned?  I am very old fashioned.  I love to be treated like a woman.  I love to have my chair pulled out for me, I love to have a door opened for me.  I don't like the dances the kids do today and was appalled at Miley Cyrus. 

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous?  I love spontaneous trips but long trips are very planned.  I match my music selections to the trip.  When we did the Pacific Northwest there was music for everywhere we went.  When we first headed West we listened to Dan Seals song, "Heading West."  When Kat and I drove cross the turnpike from Stockbridge to Boston, J.T. was playing "Sweet Baby James."  

5.  March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce?  Ketchup is my sauce of choice.  I put it on beef, fries, chips....not eggs, beans etc.

6.  What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye?  The commercials about mistreated animals and the cereal commercial about the grandmother who has died.  Most of the Hallmark movies can make me cry too.

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why?  Miami Dolphins because my dad was a huge fan...even in the bad years.  I think he would get a kick out of me owning them.

8.  Tonight I did my first Ash Wednesday service.  Do you observe Lent?  Do you go to church and get ashes on your forehead?  Do you give up something for Lent.  If so, what is it.  I have always participated in Lenten services and through the years given up things from Diet Cokes, to French fries.  This year I am giving up a sin.  I am going to watch my mouth for 40 days and not let my tongue get me in trouble.  If I can't say something nice....I am not saying anything.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I didn't grow up marking Lent, but as I've gotten older I like to prepare my heart for Easter. I typically don't 'give something up' but I did get a Lent journal this year and am doing the readings there. In general I'm concentrating on healthy habits and hope to continue in that vein. Regular workouts, less sugar, and less sugar : )

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am old fashioned too when it comes to being treated like a lady and being kind to others and saying please and thank you. When I answered I was thinking of my style as in clothes and hair!!! Hallmark makes commercials that make me cry. No we never practiced Lent in our church. Hope your week is going well.