Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Jeni!

Today is my oldest daughter, Jenifer's birthday.  I decided to write a poem for her, but could not seem to come up with the words to express what I wanted to say.  I found this poem and adapted it to fit our relationship.  I hope her day was an amazing one.  I think she is pretty amazing herself.

Our wedding day.  Jeni is the precious little blonde to my right.  Her brother Eric is to my left.  Are they not precious?
I never wanted to take your mother place,
I just wanted to be your Friend,
Someone you might talk too and a shoulder
for you to cry on,
You could and can always count on me to give a helping hand,
As a mom/stepmom I loved you like my own,
We did not choose each other,
But we were chosen by love.
Through bad times as well as the good times,
I have always thought of you as my daughter,
Love is not lodged within the flesh and bone,
But grew from within my heart,
I know we got off to a rough start,
But as the years went by we learned to trust
and love each other,
You will always have a special place in  my heart,
I have watched you grow into a beautiful woman,
mother and wife and this make me proud to be
your mom/stepmom.
As you grow in your life,
I wish you love, laughter, happiness and peace,
May God walk with you till the end,
Your always in my prayers,
I'm always here for you,
love always, Mom

Jenifer and Kat in Florida

Eric, Kat and Jeni at the Grand Canyon

Kat and Jeni at Christmas.  "Sisters, Sisters, there were never such devoted sisters..."

No comments: