Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Fall of a Hodge Podge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Everyone is welcome to play along, just answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link to the party on Joyce's blog by clicking here. Here are my answers to this week's questions-


1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say 'y'all'?
I have to agree with Joyce.  I love a trip to North Georgia or to Tennessee apple orchard this time of year. I also love Fall Festivals.  
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
I don't fight and cannot remember the last time this happened.  I am the peace maker of the family and always have been. 
 3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in its title?
Can't Help Falling In Love and The Boys of Fall. 
4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside'?
Since I started my new job I have to say housework.  By the time I get home I am so tired.  I have also let my clearing out my mom's house fall as well.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-restaurant-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
I am used to things falling short for me.  The minute I get caught up in the hype of something I can assure you it will not measure up.  I can't think of anything outright right now....but I know the last few movies I have been to see were such disappointments.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
I think it about my daughter every day.  She is definitely my child.  I also teach school...I say it at least once a week....especially after meeting parents. 
7.  Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not?
Today was good.  It is Friday....and I am running behind on my blog...does that say anything about the rest of the week?  My friend, Deborah's father died this week.  My godmother died this week, and I am facing the anniversary of my own dad's death.  Yep...not a stellar week....but today is Friday....and Sunday is coming....and tonight is date night with my sweet hubs.  We are going to visit one of my church members who had surgery last night.8.  Insert your own random thought here.  Do you live somewhere where fall is different than summer?  I look forward to driving down our country roads and seeing the leaves changing colors.  It is such a reminder to me that God is AWESOME!...and He colors in the lines.  :-)

No comments: