Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September Hodge Podging

Happy Hodgepodge! It's a big day in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Come and join in with us by hopping over to Joyce's blog and linking up after you share your answers to her questions.


 1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?  I have a special Bell Ringer assignment for my Spanish classes on 9/11.  I will prayer for the families of the ones who did not survive.  This time of year always makes me a little sadder because life as we knew it ceased to exist. 


2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a telephone book? Refer to an actual paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
 I love listening to the radio especially when I am cleaning house.  I do still look up numbers in a phone book.  I set an actual alarm clock each night and never travel without my map....even though we use GPS.  I don't trust it 100%.  I still have VCR tapes to watch. 

3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion and politics with people you don't know?

I check out the emotional stability of the crowd first....but as a rule I do not.

4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?

I am with Joyce and have to say Chili.  I never make or eat chili in the summertime, but come September and football season and the slow fade to fall, I crave chili. Haven't made it yet, but I will before September is over. I also want some potato soup and good old fashioned vegetable soup.  I love the foods of fall.

5. What's something you know nothing about?
Rocket science!

6. September is Classical Music Month? Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?

I love classical music.  My favorites are:  Canon in D and Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy....the Wedding March would be another. 

7. What's the oldest thing you own?

Frank's great grandmother's earrings and my grandfathers tater bug mandolin.. 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Photo
God Bless You All and have a wonderful hump day!

No comments: