Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Freezing in Fredonia

Today was Fredonia's Heritage Day and Frank had a booth there.  It was cold, especially in the shade.  This was the one time in my life I was glad Frank's booth faced the sun.  I had a Pancake Breakfast at my church from 7 - 10 and did not get there until 10:30.  It was chilly by the time I arrived, but around 12 the sun was shining so nicely that it actually got warm enough for me to take off my second layer.....at least until the sun started going down.  Heritage Day was really cool.  They had music playing on the back side of the lot.....we could enjoy it, but it was not overly loud.  They had some amazing food....turkey legs, polish sausage, boston butts, fried pies, apple dumplings....it was tough to decide what we wanted for lunch.  Horseshoe Bend Military Park was there in full costume and it was very interesting.  The Creek Nation had a booth and they too were dressed up.  SIFAT was there and I loved hearing Mrs. Sarah's stories.  In the middle of the set up was a children's area where they could paint (on canvas), see a magician, see a juggler, make a dream catcher...and many other exciting events.  I was amazed by the craftsmen that were there.  I had the urge to go on Pinterest and begin a project.  Next year I will.  It was a great day....but what made it so great was spending time with Frank.....and getting to see Dee Dee, Douglas, and Sis(cousins I have not seen in forever).  Oh...Frank snapped a shot of me in my new boots.  I have been wanting some boots I could tuck my jeans in to and finally got some.  I always thought I would look dorky dressed like this....but I found out...it is comfortable....AND keeps your legs warm.  Love the boots. 

No comments: