Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! So glad you joined the fun here today. It is freezing here in the deep South. What better way to stay warm than participate in the weekly Hodge Podge. If you've answered the questions, add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then go say hi to the neighbors.
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for? I have to agree with Joyce's answer and say my health. I think when everything is rolling along with no real issues, I tend to forget (or at least not think about) what a gift my good health is.
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown? I was not a huge fan of brown until recently. I have a chocolate brown outfit that I love. It is rich and makes me feel pretty sassy. I even bought some new brown boots to go with it.
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Bible Study tonight. We are studying 1 Samuel.
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?
I am a strong woman, but I love being treated like a woman. I can open doors for myself....but love to have Frank open them for me. I don't like being labeled in any capacity.
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?
Loaded Hotdogs! I tend to feed my blouses when I do.
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?
I gave a girl I work with a scarf for no reason. She had painted some jeans for me....at no charge for a school event and I wanted to give her something I did.
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
8. Insert your own random question here.
Next week is Thanksgiving.....so big family meal or small intimate one? Which one will you be having? We are having lunch at my cousin Amanda's. My family in its entirety is huge. We will be having a smaller version....with only 45+ in attendance. I am glad Amanda has a big house. When we hold the summer reunion.....of everyone....there is well over 100 in attendance.