Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Live Each Day With Gratitude

In preparation for Thursday I began thinking of things I am grateful for.  I found a little ditty on a calendar I bought for myself about gratitude and thought I would share it with you all today.


Gratitude is one of life's greatest gifts, and it is free for the choosing.  When we make this choice, we are demonstrating an understanding of our free will.


Gratitude is a practice...an exercise in which we train our minds to look at the good things before us each day, no matter what is happening in our lives.


Gratitude is a state of mind we cultivate in ourselves that enables us to understand that often it is our greatest challenges and losses that bring us our greatest lessons in life.


Gratitude is the place from which we recognize life's compensations that are always before us, so we can enjoy each day with thanksgiving.


So on Thursday when you gather at your Thanksgiving tables with family and friends remember all the things you are grateful you have in your life.  Don't be like this:  "Black Friday is a day when people trample each other for a "deal" just hours after being thankful for what they already have."  Happy Tuesday!

No comments: