Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge For The End of January

Welcome to this week's edition of the Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Here we go...answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link at the end of Joyce's post. Be sure to say hi to the blogger who linked before you, because this is one place where traffic is fun!  Here are my answers-


1. When did someone last suggest you 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell yourself to 'chill out'?  I am pretty even keeled and don't get told to chill out.  I did tell a student that last week when she was stressing over something that happened over the weekend.
2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?  The news letter I got from Kat and Brian for December and January.  It made me mushy.  Also a song Amanda played for me this past weekend called, "Alaska or Bust."  I cried like a baby.  The Go-Daddy commercial with the puppy.  I think they have pulled it....as well they should.
3. "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton
Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience?  Does it feel the same in hindsight?
Car duty at school for the next two week.  I was just getting over bronchitis, it is cold, and I did not want to do it. 4. A Wendy's Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake...of these three, which one is your favorite 'frosty' treat?  An A&W rootbeer frosty in a frosty mug.
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
It has been pretty symphonic.  All is well in Karendom. 
6. Since it's a 'snow day' here, what's your favorite song containing the word 'white' I know that Christmas is over, but White Christmas by Bing Crosby tops my chart. 7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find hardest to leave behind?
The Porch People and our church families.
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
For the third year I am  planning to participate in the April A-Z Blog Challenge this year? If you're not familiar with the challenge, here's the 411-you blog every day (except Sundays) during the month of April. Conveniently that works out to 26 posts, and since there are 26 letters in the alphabet, you blog from A-Z. April 1st the letter A, April 2nd the letter B, and so on. 



You can have a theme or just write randomly unrelated posts, whatever you like. Personally I like and need a theme, although I haven't a clue yet what mine will be for this year's challenge. In years past I've written about our European travels, motherhood, a mishmash bag of photographs, my trip to Asia, and last year 'married with children'. You'll find all of these on my sidebar by clicking on the month of April.  I enjoy the discipline of writing every day, and also getting creative with my chosen topic. Plus, I feel like my writing gets a little sluggish this time of year, and the challenge gives it a much needed kick in the pants. If you're new to the challenge I will tell you that it helps me tremendously to get a head start on the posts. I like to work about three or four days ahead of each letter, and set them to auto post. That way, when life get's busy (and it always does!) I don't stress out about missing a letter or falling behind. Yes, missing a letter would stress me out.    Sign ups are open now, so if you want to participate click here to join the party. Joyce I will definitely be playing.  I love it! 

2 comments:

Mary said...

I agree about the A-Z. I've really enjoyed participating, and have actually learned a lot about what I wrote about!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm with you on that Root Beer Float! A lot of us said White Christmas, it is a wonderful song.