Welcome to your weekly mid-week happy, also known as The Wednesday Hodgepodge. Newcomers are always welcome to play along. Answer the questions on your own blog (or Facebook page), then add your link at the end of Joyce's post(Hodgepodge answers only please!!).
1. American Idol is back for it's 14th season. Are you watching? Have you ever watched? If you were to audition for the show (or were made to audition), what song would you sing?
I have watched it a time or two. I am not a fan. If I were to ever audition for the show I would sing Etta James "At Last." Garrett Miles, who auditioned for this season is a blind young man I have actually sung with before. He is an amazing singer. In his audition I think he blew Jennifer Lopez away with a song she sang in the movie Selena..
2. Mark Twain is quoted as saying, "If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And if it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first." So when did you last have to 'eat a frog?' Or two? How'd that work out?
I am like Joyce with this one. I know myself, so anytime I have an unpleasant task glaring at me from the top of my to-do list I know to tick that off straightaway.
3. If you were going on safari, what's the number one animal you'd want to see? My number one would be a giraffe. Especially a baby giraffe, because there are few things cuter than a baby giraffe.
4. January 21st is National Granola Bar Day. I know. Do you like granola bars? Chewy or crunchy? Your favorite flavor? How about regular granola? Let's exhaust this topic in honor of the 'holiday', okay? I am not a huge fan, but when I am hungry and need something to take the edge off I like them okay. I like chewy and crunchy both, but my favorite is probably the Nature Maid Oats and Honey-crunchy. I love granola. It is a great pick me up snack when I come home from school.
5. If only__________________________________.
I had a maid.
6. You can add one item to your bedroom. What will it be? Keep it family friendly please.
Custom made darkening curtains..
7. What is one thing you've enjoyed about winter thus far? If it's not winter in your corner of the globe, what season is it, and what is something you've enjoyed about whatever season it happens to be? Without a doubt, it's the sky. It has been so very crisp. Have you ever seen Van Gogh's painting Starry Night? Our night skies have been that vibrant. The sunsets have been awesome too.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have had laryngitis for the past couple of weeks. As a teacher/preacher/singer that is not good. Have you had the flu this year? Did you get the flu shot? I haven't had the flu and did get the shot.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
7 months ago