Welcome to the first Hodgepodge in this brand new year! So happy to have you play along each week, and newcomers are always welcome. It's hard to visit everyone who links up here on Wednesdays, but do try to at least visit the blogger who linked before you because everybody needs somebody. Want to participate? If so then hope over to Joyce's blog and get the questions, answer them, and go back and link up. It is simple.
1. What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
Keep the lines of communication open. Never go to bed on an argument. Marriage is NOT 50/50, it is 100/100.
2. Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined as Silver, so everyone go say hi. Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?" and " Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?" Frank and I celebrated New Years Eve 1999 with friends and were both in bed before midnight.
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014 isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014? Retirement?
4. Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here, but this year's top vote getters are- bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix) Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add? I am not fond of any of these words and there are quite a few I would love to add...like twerk. It even sounds gross.
5. January is National Hot Tea Month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day? I am a huge tea fan. I love it cold (unsweetened) and I love it hot with a little honey and lemon. I love the flavored teas and am a huge supporter of Camomille tea to help me sleep.
6. Whatever happened to__________________________________? Randolph Scott, Gene and Rex, Roy and Tex, the Durango Kid. Sorry, I was listening to the Statler Brothers CD as I answered this question.
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter? I am reading the Bible through this year and excited about this venture. I have not done this in a while. I also review books for several publishing companies and I have several books on my list. It Is Well With My Soul is my next to read and I am really excited. I plan to start it tonight.
8. Insert your own random thought here. February 3rd is The Day the Music Died. Do you know what that is referring to? Pick me...I know, I know.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
4 months ago