If this is Wednesday, then this must be Hodge Podge. I hope you have brought your best answer game on. Here is what you do. Read my answers, copy and past the questions onto your blog and post. When you are finished go back to Joyce's blog and link up. It is simple. Oh, and don't forget to give a couple of your bloggy buddies some love. It is nice to know someone is reading you. Are you ready? Get set....GO!
1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'? Where do I start.....My husband, my students, my job....and pretty much in that order.
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world). Patience is something developed....at least it is for me. Where I am in patience world depends on who I am with. If we are talking about my kids....I am very patient....but it we are talking about the dumbest driver in the world in front of me....I have nil patience. I am not a one size fits all kind of girl.
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying. My daughter and SIL are missionaries in Moldova. Until last Thursday I had not seen them for 15 months. There was not a day that went by during that 15 months that I did not wish I could hop on a jet and fly across the Big Pond to see them.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way? Leaving on a Jet Plane without a doubt. I love it by Peter, Paul, and Mary....and John Denver.
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year? Cheaha Mtn. The highest elevation in Alabama. It is just up the road from where I live. In my basket would be two Subs....preferably from Firehouse.....since I can't get Russo's here, some chips, some grapes, some homemade pumpkin cookies.....and some tea.
6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today? I have done some light carpentry work in my lifetime. I would not attempt anything that involves electricity, I have done some light plumbing and some landscaping....all on ASP (Appalachian Service Project in a missionary capacity). Today...hummmmm....where is that phonebook? I might not mind landscaping when I retire....but today....today I have to go to work.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately? A new car. I got sticker shock when I went to look at one.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Have you ever known anyone who won big money on the lottery....or scratch offs, or...at a casino? I hadn't until this past month. A girl I know went to Biloxi with some mutual friends.....and won over 300,000.00. Yep...the number of zero's is correct.
They took her picture with a huge check and everything!