Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Crazy Dizzy World

My Bible verse for today is:  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33, NIV)Tea Cup Ride 
 When I was a little girl, one of my favorite things to do was to twirl in the grass. With arms out stretched, I’d spin around and around until I was so dizzy that I would  fall to the ground and laugh like I was a crazy person. It was a fun way to spend a lazy summer day in South Florida.  Now that I’m older, I can’t handle spinning in circles. I suffer from Vertigo and nausea sets  in reminding me that I’m not a young “spinning-girl” anymore.  Several years ago we went to an amusement park with our daughter and her husband.  I felt young at heart and thought I would get on a ride that spins in circles, the tea-cups. My husband loves rides, especially roller-coasters so while he and our SIL, Steven got on a roller-coaster, daughter, Amy, and I thought we would try out the tea cups.  I remembered those days as a child riding this ride with my father and how much fun it was.....but that was then.....and this was now.  As I walked up the ramp to the "Tea Cups" ride  my stomach began to churn and twirl. As it began to spin I honestly thought the park employee was going to have to stop the ride to let me off. I decided to "man up" but yucky feelings followed. My center of balance was completely thrown off and ruined the rest of the day for me as I tried to find my center of balance.  Just like that day in the amusement park, I constantly find myself thrown off balance from the wheeling whirl of life's clutter.  I am one of those people who is constantly complicating my life.  My biggest obstacle is trying to live as an uncluttered woman.  I know I should depend completely on God for direction and strength....but I don't always.   This world is a crazy dizzy one and it is hard to navigate and sift though all the clutter that is thrown at us each day.  My life is full of busy-ness.  I overbook myself, I don't say "no" to the latest committee, I have meetings, work, household (which is neglected a lot), pains, .....you know the story.....you probably live this life too.  It is then that I look toward Proverbs 16:3 and find these words:  "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and He will establish your plans."  and in Matthew 6:33 I find "But seek ye first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  I read it....but I don't always heed it.  God gives order to our thoughts...and our to-do lists.....but we have to allow/ask Him.  What I do find when I finally "let go and let God" is that everything changes when I seek Him first and commit all my plans to Him.  Jesus is no stranger to clutter.
He walked the same earth we do and dealt with the same struggles and problems we deal with. He loved many a cluttered woman while here on earth and many more before and since His ascension. He knows your clutter – all of your complicated stuff – and He invites you to come just the same.  When we position ourselves in the presence of the Peace-giver and ask Him to lead and prioritize our heart matters, the uncluttering begins. And in the uncluttering our chaos is calmed.  It is important that we know whom we are seeking first.  It is important that all our activities, emotions, relationships, and thoughts are committed to Christ.  Then....we will find an end to the crazy-dizzy world we get caught up in.  Then....we will find peace and rest.  Are you willing to turn it all over to Him? 
 


 

No comments: