It's that time again! Wednesday seem to come around rather frequently.....at least once a week. Here are my responses to Joyce's questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog then march back to Joyce's blog by clicking here and add your link to the party. See you there! Oh! Be sure to respond to someones post. It makes it a lot more fun when you get some bloggy love.
1. March is National Women's History Month. In that vein, who are three women who've been influential in your life? How so? My three women are my daughter, Kathryn. She is a missionary in Moldova with Stella's Voice and what she does and how she does it are amazing. Her heart is so full of love and from the moment she was born I knew what real love was. Number two is my Aunt Shirley. She was one of those aunts who was like a sister and mother all rolled up into one. She was crafty and musical and filled my life with creativity and harmony. The third is my mom. Our road together was often rocky. She was a type A personality and I was a B-. We may not have always gotten along but the life lessons she taught me were many. I miss both Aunt Shirley and my mom but sometimes I can here their harmony if I just close my eyes and listen carefully.
2. In what ways do you think women have it easier than men? They can cry and not be considered a softy. They can show other emotions more easily. They can show love easier. They get to be the mom's.
3. What do you need most right now: faith, love, hope, or peace?Hope. I need hope to believe that our country will find it's way back to God and stop this craziness we call government.
4. Do you have a collection? If so, what do you collect and why? I actually have two. One was a past collection that I no longer collect....I collect lighthouses. I am a lighthouse fanatic. I started this collection by visiting the lighthouse and then collecting a small statue. My mom was the reason I quit, because once she was on the bandwagon she bought me lighthouse everything. The second would be the Willow Tree angels. My friend Mary gave me my first one and my favorite ones are the Holy Family that Frank gave me for Christmas one year.
5. Plaids, checks, polka dots, stripes...your favorite? I love polka dots because they are whimsical. I love plaids because they remind me of Ireland and Scotland...Black Watch plaid is my favorite. I am not big on checks or stripes. I like stripes to wear....but only if they run north and south.
6. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self? I am not at all. I don't even remember who that person was. My childhood self was very timid and had very little self-esteem. My adult self is still somewhat timid....and knows who she is....a child of God.
7. You're a contestant on the TV game show Jeopardy. What category will you ace? Anything with Literature.....I am a trivia nut! BTW...I WAS on a game show once as a three time champion.....and the question that cost me the car was about Scooby Doo. I still hate that cartoon.
8. Insert your own random thought here. What is your favorite sign of spring? I have two. I love it when the tulip trees (Japanese magnolias) and the jonquils bloom. It really puts a smile on my face and erases the winter blues.
Japanese Magnolia (Tulip Tree in the south)