Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Luck Of The Irish Hodgepodge


Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! If you've answered this week's questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post, then go say hello to your neighbor. Thanks for joining the party here on This Side of the Pond-

Irish Festival on Sunday, March 15, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., at ...
1. What do you think about luck?  I truly believe that we make our own. Yes, there are some people who seem to be 'luckier' than others, but to me luck is  something we achieve with hard work, perseverance, and determination. 
2. Not counting your own backyard, what's a favorite green space in your town, city, or state?
Mrs. Betty Jean Houze's backyard and Beth Kramar's yard.  They are heaven on earth and my happy place.  I did not have access to the hundreds of pictures I have of their beautiful flowers because we can't use Facebook at school.
3. How do you make life more complex than it needs to be?  I don't.  My main goal in life is Keep It Simple Stupid.  When I was young I made everything complex...but now...with high blood pressure...I strive at not doing that anymore.
4. I read here the three places you should visit with friends. They are-New York City, Hawaii, and Amsterdam (rent a bike, walk along the canal, visit one of their world class museums). I felt the need to expound on that one.  Moving on...Of the three places listed which would you most like to visit with friends? What's one place not on the list you think should be visited with friends?  I took my best friend to Hawaii for her 50th birthday on a trip I actually won.  We had a ball and it was an amazing memory.  She died two years later and I am so glad we had that chance to make those memories.  I have been to NYC several times with friends and my daughter, Kat and loved every minute of it.  We hit every museum , play, and sight we could and I would go back in a heart beat.  I have never been to Amsterdam, although I have been to Europe many times...I would love to go, and especially see tulips in bloom.  
5.What's the last live performance you saw? On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best) how would you rate it?  I have not been to a live performance in a while....a long while....Frank and I just don't have time.  I went to a Women of Faith Conference two years ago with my daughter, Kat...Mary-Mary sang Shackles...the whole place was up singing and dancing...and I would give it a 20 out of a 10 point scale.  It was awesome.
6. March 14th is National Potato Chip Day. Are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Besides potato, what's your favorite chip type of snack?  I'm a fan, but I rarely buy them. As the saying goes, 'Nobody can eat just one, so I try and leave them alone.  Vinegar and Salt or BBQ are my favorites.  I am like Joyce....I eat pretzels when I want something salty.
7. What rule is most important in your home?  Pick Up and Put Up.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  I hate Springing Forward with time.  What say you?

3 comments:

shortybear said...

I do not like the time change either.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I picked Amsterdam too! Salt and Vinegar potato chips are a favorite of mine too although I only buy them a few times a year. This is the first year I really felt affected by the time change....I was so tired this past week.

Joyce said...

I don't normally notice the time change too much, but this one has worn me out. Not sure why? I'm late getting around to the answers from last week, but at least I'm here before new ones are posted : )