Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Hodge Podging in March

The Wednesday Hodgepodge is back in action this week, marching onward into a brand new month. Answer the questions on your own blog, then add your link at the end of Joyce's post by clicking here. Hodgepodge links only please! Here we go-


1. February ended with an extra 24 hours in 2016. What did you do with your bonus day?
I taught school, then we ran to Opelika to pick up some stuff Frank had ordered, I bought a birthday gift for a friend with some Kohl's bucks I had, we ate dinner at Mikata's and came home in time to watch Scorpion and NCIS.  It was a pretty great extra 24 hours.

2. What's something in your life that's grown by leaps and bounds in recent days, weeks, months, or years? I'm giving you lots of room to come up with an answer here, so no fair passing on this one.
I am going to have to agree with Joyce and say my prayer life. 

3.  Do you read reviews about a film before deciding if you'll see it? Did you watch The Oscars this year, and if so your thoughts on the program? How many of the Best Picture nominees had you seen prior to the broadcast? (Spotlight, The Martian, The Big Short, The Revenant, Mad Max: Fury Road, Room and Brooklyn) If you watched The Oscars who gets your award for 'best dressed'?
I usually read a little something before seeing a film, but am  more persuaded by the short trailers commercials on TV. If a film is based on a book I'll definitely read the review first, because I don't like film makers messing with my book plots.  I never watch The Oscars. I hadn't seen any of the nominated Best Pics this year.  I have not had time to go to the movies. 

4. When did you last have overnight houseguests? Give us your top three tips on being a good houseguest.  I don't think I've had overnight houseguests since the Christmas holidays we had for Kat and Brian in October.  We do have two extra bedrooms and an exta bath in the parsonage.  We love company.  As far as tips for being a good houseguest...Make the bed....or strip it when you leave.  I tell my guests to make themselves at home and I mean that.  I will always have clean sheets and towels for you.  If you are going to be out exploring and not going to make it for a planned meal....let me know.  Aside from that I am pretty easy.

5.  March 2nd is Peanut Butter Lover's Day. Will you be celebrating? If so, would you prefer a home made peanut butter cookie, a Reese's peanut butter cup, an old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or shall I just hand you a jar and a tablespoon?  I love peanut butter.  I keep a jar in my desk along with a spoon for emergencies.  I celebrated  by eating some Nutter Butters. 

6.  Why is failure important? Or isn't it?  Failure happens and we grow from the mistakes we made. The rest of my answer I am copying from Joyce because it is awesome and I would have said the same thing....she just said it first!  "Failing means you had the courage to try. Go you! And if you keep trying you'll eventually achieve something, which I think you appreciate all the more because it didn't come easily. Failure builds character, it helps keep us humble. When we fail (and we will) we need to learn from criticism. We need to keep trying, keep hoping, and keep working hard." "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." -Henry Ford

7. Share with us one fun thing on your March calendar. EASTER and SPRING BREAK!!!!!!! I will be leaving for Knoxville as soon as church is over Easter Sunday!  I cannot wait!

8. Insert your own random thought here.   Joyce's daughters are bloggers and so is mine.  Kat and her husband Brian are missionaries in Moldova.  Her blog is infrequent....but very touching and powerful about the life of a missionary.  The blog is called Team Jones in Moldova.  I am so proud of them, their faith, their work.  I hope you will hop over and give them a little bloggy love.
             Team Jones in Moldova


2 comments:

Denise said...

liked your answers.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I really love Scorpion! I didn't think of it at the time when answering the question but I know my time with God has grown by leaps and bounds. We have a lot of PB eaters out of the jar in the land of Hodgepodge! I sometimes don't buy it because I can't put it down. Yes I liked her quote from Henry Ford.