Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Easter Hodge Podge

Hi Hodgepodge peeps! So glad you could join in here on this first Wednesday of Spring. If you've answered today's questions add your link at the end of Joyce's post by clicking here, then hop over and say hello to your neighbor in the link up. Here we go-
Happy Easter Sunday Wallpaper, Images, Photos, Pictures 2015
1. Has spring sprung in your little corner of the world? Other than the calendar how would I know? What's your favorite thing about spring?  Yes it has. Japanese Magnolias are in bloom and so are the jonquils.  Trees are beginning to bud....and pollen is covering my car.  Easter and the new life of the flowers and trees would have to be my most favorite thing about spring....oh and of course, SPRING BREAK!  (It starts on Friday!!!!)
2. Besides the weather, what's put a spring in your step recently?  Oncoming Spring Break!  We are going to Knoxville to see my best buds, Susan and Chuck....and their family!  I am so excited!  Susan and I have been friends since I moved to Vedado Park at age 5.
3. How does Easter impact you?  I am a pastor....so Holy Week is very special to me.  I love it!  As a Christian I celebrate the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ. As a pastor I know that besides Christmas it is typically the most well-attended Sunday service of the year. As a Christian I believe, according to the Bible that Jesus came back to life, was raised from the dead, three days after his death on the cross.  Through his death, burial, and resurrection, Jesus paid the penalty for the sins of man, purchasing for all who believe in Him, eternal life!  It does not get must better than that.
4. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought it would make a fun Hodgepodge question. Which of the following would you find most disappointing...a just stuffed taco shell breaking open and spilling out when before you take the first bite? dropping a just-purchased Starbucks/Dunkin Donuts coffee? opening the peanut butter jar and finding it empty? upending a just-purchased ice cream cone?a burnt bagel popping up in your toaster when you're rushing breakfast? or cutting into an avocado and finding out it's rotten? All of the above and all of the above have happened to me at least once in my life.
5. What's something held together with tape at your house? Or a paper clip? Or a wing and a prayer?
I have two special frames that fell off the wall and busted.  The glass did not shatter but the frame is off....so they are held together with duct tape until I can get a replacement.
6. Do you feel underappreciated? In what way?  Within my family....no.  Within my church family....no.  At work....sometimes. 
7. What's something you'd build if you knew how?   A swinging bed made of pallets to go outside by my firepit, or a settee and chair made from pallets to go on my front porch.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Easter is a promise
God renews to us in each Spring.
May the promise of Easter
fill your heart with peace and joy!
Happy Easter

John 11:25-26 - The Resurrection And The Life Wallpaper - Christian ... 

6 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Hi Karen,
I am visiting from the Hodgepodge.
I also enjoy Holy Week. We use to attend a Maundy Thursday service. I miss it.
Happy Easter,
Carla

Carla from The River said...

I am back.
Are Maundy Thursday services very popular? I guess I do not really know. The church we use to attend had Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday services.

Thank you and have a blessed week,
Carla

Joyce said...

Enjoy your time in Big Orange Country! We'll be in the Smokies celebrating my mother-in-law's 80th birthday with the whole Daley side of the family. Happy Easter!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love when things are blooming, it makes me happy. Enjoy your Spring break! I do not feel appreciated at home but my friends really appreciate me and that makes me happy. Have a blessed Easter Sunday.

Nonnie said...

Have a wonderful spring break with friends in a lovely part of the country. Your answer to the tape question was similar to mine. I like your answers, especially to number 3.

shortybear said...

nice answers.