Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things I am Thankful For.

It is quite here right now. The dishes are all done, the food is all put away, and it is silent. I feel a giant sigh of relief building inside me. I know today is just Weds....and that Thanksgiving is tomorrow....but tonight I had my daughter and her husband here for dinner so I could spend time with them. I invited some friends, they came by...but did not eat. I invited my son....he did not even call to let me know he was not coming. I live in the same town with him....and have not seen or heard from him since Christmas....still I am thankful tonight for my children. You know, no matter what they do....they are still your children....they may hurt your feelings...but you still love them....so tonight....I am thankful that they are all ok....that they are strong and can work...that they are. I am thankful for my daughter for giving me many years of enjoyment and awe. She is amazing. I look at her and think to myself.....Yep, I did that. She is the best thing I ever did in my first marriage and for that I am grateful. I am grateful to my husband for letting my parents live with us for nearly 2 years. He is a giant among men. Husband number one would not have stood for that. I am thankful to have one more year....one more day with my parents. Even though my mom drives me nuts....she is still my mom....and I am grateful that I have been given this special time to spend with them. We are not guaranteed tomorrow....we only get today.....and I want to have no regrets where my parents are concerned. God has truly blessed me this day. I have wonderful friends I am thankful for, a good job, a voice, great singing partners in multiple venues, a wonderful Sunday School class, two wonderful churches....Wow....how blessed I am. Since I will be traveling tomorrow....here is wishing you and yours a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving with love, Karen

No comments: