Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ya Ba Da Ba Do

It is November 1st and I am almost two years into living with my parents... again. Two years ago my father(80) and mother(78) moved in with my husband and I when my dad was dismissed from the hospital. They were only going to be with us for four weeks. They have never left. During the past two years we have gone through prostate cancer and 30 radiation treatments, a stroke(my mom), pneumonia( both parents), a COPD diagnosis with a lung cancer scare, two stints, a pacemaker, a mild stroke, dementia, and short term memory loss. Don't get me wrong....I love both my parents. It is just that some days I feel so guilty because I want my life back. Frank and I are both very active and it is kind of weird having to ask permission to be gone....or having to make arrangements for their supper in order just to eat dinner out without taking them with us. I am glad I have had this extra time to spend with them. They live in another town and I only saw them once a week before they moved in. Living with ancients is definitely a new experience. One day I was about to blow when my husband invited me to go to Auburn messing around. I fussed in the car from the house to Waverly....I asked him...."Could this be any worse?" In his infinite wisdom....he said, "Yes!" "Yes! I cried...how can you say Yes?" He smiled and added..."My parents could be living with us too." I enjoyed the rest of the trip. I am not the most patient person in the world....but God has dealt me a steady dose of patience for the last couple of years. I have learned the lesson....now...can we move onto another victim? I am sure God that there is someone else out there....who needs a little character building....As for me and my house....could you leave us alone? All kidding aside. If nothing has come from this character building exercise....I now have enough material to write a best seller....Life with Fred and Wilma in the 21st century....or possibly....Bedrock Revisited. Watch for it on your local Wal-mart shelf in the near future. It will be in the self-help section....and might even be a best seller. See you soon, Karen

No comments: