My friend Trina totally swiped this from another blog, but I have to give her a break...she had looked through so many to find an idea to blog about that she had no idea which one she swiped it from. So, she asked for forgiveness instead of permission. Way to go Trini. I, on the other hand knew I was going to be out of town Thursday - Saturday and borrowed it from her. I did link back to her....so let's give credit where credit is due. It was a great meme.
1. What are you most grateful for when you first wake up in the morning? A new day to be alive and to enjoy all of the blessings that God has given me. (I swiped this one from Trina)
2. What are you most grateful for when you go to bed at night? That that particular day is done and all is at peace in my world.
3. Who is the person who has had the most influence on your life? My dad, my godmother, my mom (I was raised in the good old days when children respected their elders, did not talk back, and were not the rulers of the household....my dad was.)...I also have to credit Dr. Watson B. Duncan III. I teach today because of him. He was a great teacher.
4. Is there someone you'd like to thank for something special they did for you but haven't yet? My daughter Kat for making me believe that I was something special even when I didn't think I was. My daughter Amy for accepting me into her heart when I married her dad, and Connie Korb - My MIL for having Frank and teaching him how a man should behave towards a woman.
5. Who was your favorite or least favorite teacher? My favorite was Watson B. Duncan III in college and Thaddeus Trotsky in High School (he taught us English and Grammar concepts using Beatles lyrics.)
If you could talk to them now, what would you say? I would tell both of them that I hope I am half the teacher to my students that they were to me.
6. Do you say grace at mealtime? Yes...occassionally we get lazy and don't. I usually get indigestion on those nights. Hummm....wonder why?
7. Name one thing you take for granted everyday. My health
8. Have you ever looked back at your life and realized that something you thought was a bad thing was actually a blessing in disguise? I would like to say no....but can't. I have to say Yes to this one. My first marriage was not a bad thing...but it was bad for me. BUT,,,it was a blessing because without it...there would never have been a Kathryn.
9. What are the top five things you are most grateful for in your life? 1. That I am free to worship without worrying about dying for it. 2. Frank 3. Amy and Kat 4. my mom 5. My friends.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
11 months ago