Wednesday Wickedness. She is like other memes in that she will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But her little "twist" (and what was so intriguing to me) is that each week she will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of the questions will be based on the quotes. Here is this week's meme! The quotes this week came from one of my favorites....old blue eyes himself... Frank Sinatra.
1. “I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” How often do you drink alcohol? Seldom. I am a tea and Diet coke kind of girl. I like to be in control.
2. “The best revenge is massive success.” Have you ever gloated or wanted to over success? Once...the weekend of my twenty year class reunion when I got to tell a former teacher....I had a Master's Degree in Education and had amounted to something....and was successful. Funny thing...it did not make me feel like I thought it would. Sigh!
3. “You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the [butt].” What do enjoy most about your life? All the blessings God has given me.... my family. my voice, my job, life in general.
4. “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” Do you ever overthink a situation in your life? Always....especially when I was a teenager. I would overthink my mom's reactions to something. I have learned with age to just go with my first feeling. It is usually the right one.
5. “I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family - and I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.” Tell us about your best friend. They know so much about me...that if we were not friends anymore I would have to kill them. They are part of what gives my life meaning.
6. “I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest.” How important is intelligence when picking (or having picked) a s/o to you? Intelligence is more than book learning....but whether the person is a college grad or has mega life experience...everyone should use their brains.
7. “I drink to the confusion of our enemies.” What's the closest situation that you've had to dealing with an enemy? My fathers illness and death to cancer (bad enemy) and my mother's placement into a dementia unit...(dementia is a nasty enemy too).
8. “Orange is the happiest color.” What's your favorite color? Blue...any shade...it is a peaceful color....and as an Auburn grad...goes well with Orange.
9. “Dare to wear the foolish clown face.” Are you ever clown? I love to. I love to make people smile, laugh...whatever. I am a teacher...therefore I act.
10. “Don't get even, get mad.” Have you ever tried getting even? I don't do that...the only time I ever tried it backfired in my face. If I am mad I just put on my big girl panties and deal with it.
Thanks for the invitation Janera. I will return again and play another day! Happy Wednesday to all.
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
1 year ago