Caramel Apple JamIngredients:
• 6 cups dices, peeled apples
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 tsp butter
• 1 package powdered pectin
• 3 cups sugar
• 2 cups packed brown sugar
• 4 half pint jars
• large kettle
• In a large kettle, combine the apples, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until the apples are soft. Stir in the pectin and bring the heat up to a rolling boil. Stir constantly.
• Add the sugar and brown sugar and return to a rolling boil. If you would like to add a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, now is the time to do it, but it is not required. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
• Remove from the heat and skim off any foam. Ladle the hot jam into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust the caps so they are on tightly. Submerge the jars in a boiling water bath for ten minutes. You will hear pops as the jars are sealed shut and the safety buttons suck in.
Caramel Apples:(The No Fail Kind).....Yeah right!
• 5 to 10 normal sized apples.
• 1 Tablespoon of water.
• 5 to 10 Popsicle sticks.
• 1/2 chopped peanuts.(optional)
• 50 caramels or just 1- 14 oz package of caramel.
•Once you have everything. You want to place the caramals and water into a microwave safe bowl.
•You will want to microwave on medium for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes stirring after one minute, or until caramels are melted completely.
•If you have to use the stove top , you will want to melt the caramels with water in a medium sized saucepan over a medium flame, don't stop stirring until the caramels are completely melted.
•Now go to your apples and insert the Popsicle sticks into each stem of the apples about 3/4 much into the apple.
•While holding on to the Popsicle stick dip your apples into the caramel until they are completely covered. Let each apple drip the extra caramel off so it doesn't make a mess over the bowl.
•You will want to set the apples the are dipped in caramel on a platter with wax paper that has been greased with butter. Now this will make sure the apples wont stick to your platter and sprinkle chopped peanuts on them if you would like.
•Once that is all done refrigerate for at least one or 1 1/2 hours until you want to serve them.