2nd Cup of Coffee had a rough week and Linda at Mocha with Linda jumped in and helped her get the Random Dozen questions out for the week. It is nice to have good friends like that....don't you think. I loved this weeks questions. If you want to participate...help yourself. I even included the definitions of the personality types at the end....which one are you?
1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie? I love a good movie….but I am a book reader….AND I want to read a real book….I like the smell of the pages. I am a weird-o. All my friends have Nook's and Kindles....and I still love the feel of a book.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday…because I love this special time of being thankful for all I have. I really love anytime family is together. I am a family kind of girl.
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach? I love the beach in the fall, or during a storm….and love the mountains in the fall and spring. My middle name is GO....so it does not matter to me where....just shut up and drive.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive? A convertible something expensive.
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage? Hot cocoa made by my friend Rhonda Blythe…she makes me some mix every year and I love it.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook? All of the above.
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box? Mailbox at the end of the driveway. It has a "K" mailbox cover on it and looks so cute.
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.) Sanguine is my strongest. I am almost purely Sanguine. My least evident is Melancholic.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20? Absolutely nothing! I love being 50 something. I get a discount at Ross Dress for Less on Tuesday.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning? 30 minutes from start to finish. I have everything laid out the night before so I don't wake up Frank.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family? Frank and I share the responsibility.
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited? I have visited 48 of the 50 states. I lack Alaska and Vermont (still not sure how I missed that one.) I have been to all the Canadian provinces, all over Mexico, the UK (minus Scotland), Italy, Germany, Honduras, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, the Bahamas….so little time and so many more places to visit.
Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:
Sanguine: The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.
Choleric: A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.
Melancholic: A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
Phlegmatic: Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
I hope you enjoyed this random dozen. I know I like the challenge of them and look forward to them each week. Have a wonderful Thursday!
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
11 months ago