It is Wednesday and time for my weekly Random Dozen from Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. You will notice something a bit odd this week.....there are really only 11 questions. It appears that number 4 went AWOL. Oh well we will get along the best we can without him. I am on vacation this week and on a mobile computer.....so if pictures were asked for....unless if happens to be on this computer....you won't get them. Enjoy the read.....laugh if you must.
1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.) Cinnamon was my big word....and I stumbled over the word horrendously....in English class and the more I tried to say it right....the worse it became.
2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.") Texting shortcuts are ok....as long as you use universally accepted ones. I have a friend who makes them up as she goes and it could be any word....any time. I have missed meeting her...because she took way too many shortcuts.
3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post. It had to be made twice. The first time I had had pneumonia and was ghostly white....the photographer put too much make up on me trying to make me not so white and it was worse. I went back two weeks later and had the ones we used made.
5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory. I was in Youth for Christ. We worked hard on our float for homecoming and several of the "service" organizations said we didn't stand a chance of winning best float....ours was Little Bo Peep says her prayers.....and we built a little girl saying her prayers at the foot of a four poster bed....it was awesome...and the judges thought so too....cause we won! (The picture is of all of homecoming....ours is the bottom center pic).
6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?" I like them both equally as much....especially if I have a camera in my hand and I am in the mountains or at the beach.....I am headed to Cades Cove this morning....to get some sunrise pictures.
7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?" I want to go to the two of the fifty states I have not been to yet, Alaska and Vermont....and then I want to go to Scotland and Germany.
8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?" A cat....in a cat lovers house....because I want to be taken care of...and I love the attitude of a cat.
9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location. I was single with a daughter in college, working three jobs trying to make ends meet.
10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?
Only if it is Frank. He is always right....so when I am right....it is a red letter day and we party. Actually...that is not entirely true....I don't challenge unless it is something that is going to matter in say....10 years. Being right is not that important to me.....the person is that important....and so I usually just say, "you could be right....and leave it alone." BUT if it is something that will matter in 10 years....I will argue it til the cows come home.
11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?" Caramel to dip apples in, caramel cake, chocolate covered caramels, caramel sauce on ice cream.....you name it....I love it!
12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.) I AM....or WAS part of a fictional family growing up....My mom's name is Wilma, My dad's name was Fred....and everyone called me .....you got it...."Pebbles!"
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
10 months ago