Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Debo

February is known as the month of love....but in my circle of people it is the month of birthdays.  Brady's, as I told you yesterday, was on Sunday.  Well, today is his grandmother's birthday.  Deborah and I go back a long way.  We attended church together, we had children together, we have laughed, cried and loved together. When my marriage began falling apart she was there to hold me together and help pick up the pieces.  When my dad died she was there.  When Kat needed a baby sitter....she was there.....when I went back to school she was instrumental in making sure it happened.  Kat's dad was not good at remembering to pick up his daughter, but Deborah was.   She is truly one of my most cherished friends.  I work with her sometimes at her catering business, "Your Day" and love every minute I get to spend with her....even if we ARE working.  We don't spend as much time together as we used to....but I know she is there if I ever need help.  The picture I used today is actually at her birthday party, at the Lean To, back in the day.  She never ages....she never changes....she is simply Debo to me....and Dee to her nieces, nephews, and many others.  Happy Birthday my friend.  I hope you have many more and I am there to celebrate them with you.

No comments: