From This Side of the Pond is hosting another weekly Hodgepodge. If you like my answers go check out the other answers on her site.
1. What would you do if you found a pot of gold? Let's pretend that pot of gold is worth exactly $1500 (which would actually be more like a cup of gold at current values). Anyway, let's also pretend you have to spend it as opposed to making a donation somewhere. Now, tell me what you would do with that cup pot of gold? Finance Kat and Brian's trip to Moldova this summer. They are working in an orphanage there....who knows, they may bring a Moldavian baby home. (Fingers crossed).
2. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form?
Yes, I wear green and decorate my house for St. Paddy's day. My Irish heritage has always been a great source of pride. If I am off on Spring Break I try to visit somewhere where they hold a parade. A couple of years ago....I actually went to Dublin and was there for the annual St. Paddy's day parade. It was awesome. I think it would beat anything Mardi Gras has to offer.
3. Have you been bitten by the Spring Cleaning bug? What spring cleaning job most needs doing at your house? What spring cleaning job are you most dreading?
Clean period is what I am dreading. I am so busy during the week and it has been so pretty the last couple of weekends that being inside was not what I had in mind. My goal is to get it done this week before the weekend.....even though I am so tired by the time I get home. We are not bowling this week....so Thursday night is my goal date.
4. lime-shamrock-sage-forest....your favorite shade of green?
All the above except for lime. I am a green loving person. I love hanging the greens at Christmas...and wearing the green on St. Paddy's day....and green is a good color for me.
5. Thomas Jefferson once said, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it." So... do you believe in luck or do you believe we make our own luck?
I agree with Joyce that there are people for whom some things in life seem to come more easily than they do for the rest of us. I think hard work pays off and adds meaning to the end result. I amn a firm believer in God....and he controls my destiny.
6. Monday (3/14) was Pi Day. Get it? 3/14 is Pi Day. Those math types are so clever, aren't they? Since I'm not one of them tell me what's your favorite piE (the edible kind)?
Key Lime by far. We used to drive to the Key's when I was a kid just to eat it....and conch fritters. Yummy! I also love chocolate, banana cream, lemon icebox, cherry, blueberry....get it? I prefer pie to cake.
7. That same date (3/14) was also the birth date of the late physicist, Albert Einstein. I bet he knew the value of pi. What do you think is more important and/or valuable in life...intelligence or common sense?
You need a bit of both in this world. Intelligence without common sense can land one in a mess. Can you have common sense without intelligence? I know several people with common sense and no book smarts that can navigate life with great ease....but....even without book smarts....if you have common sense....you have a form of interrigence....you just have street smarts.
8. Insert your own random thought here...
This has been a trying week with all that has been going on in Japan. My heart bleeds for them and my prayers go out to them. This is a frightening time in that country. It is a time when we should all "Cry Out to Jesus."
To Joey, With Love....WINNER!
9 months ago