Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wickles Pickles and Yellow Boxes....Two of Life's Great Moments!

In the past couple of months I have received several comments about stuff I talked about....mainly Yellow Boxes and Wickles Pickles.  So, I decided today that I would post about both of them.  Wickles Pickles will be my first venue.  I love the things.  They are, as they claim, wickedly delicious and made right here in Alabama....in the county seat of Tallapoosa Co.  How cool is that.    Let me tell you a little bit about the pickles and how they came to be.  The owners, using a secret 70-year old family recipe, began to make a pickle that differentiates it from all others. The pickles are a custom blend of spices and ingredients that makes them Wickedly Delicious and truly irresistible. The recipe is a family secret that until a few years ago was just used for family and friends who were lucky enough to get a jar. When they started making Wickles for holiday gifts they never imagined those wicked little pickles would take on a life of their own.  Those lucky enough to get a jar as a gift....were kind enough to  share Wickles with their friends, and soon people from all over were calling the Wickles people to see where they might get some. Come on guys, they should have known it would happen, because Wickles add an exciting new taste to everything from Thanksgiving dinner to Saturday sandwiches. Wickles Pickles are produced by the Sims Foods and they continue to research and develop new products to add to the product line and will be rolling out additional products on a regular basis.  Want to order some?  What to know more?  Check out the Wickles Website.  I promise you won't be sorry.
Now on to the second thing I love....Yellow Box Sandals.  I went to Italy one year with my friend Mary and Marian and Marian walked all over Italy in a pair of Yellow Boxes....I trudged with heavy tennis shoes the first few days....then borrowed a pair of the delightful sandals from Marian and walked the rest of Italy on a cloud of comfort.  I am a South Florida native and grew up in flip flops.....and love the things.  My motto is you can never have too many....and I don't.  Yellow box sandals just added depth to my world of flip flops.  I don't wear the high heeled ones.  I wear the flatter ones.  I am klutzy and would fall in anything higher than 2 inches.  If I didn't fall....I would get a nose bleed for sure.  Check out the Yellow Box site and I promise...if you ever wear a pair....you won't go back.  Happy Thursday!  I think I am going to head home from work now and put on my Yellow Boxes and eat a Wickles Pickle. 

No comments: