1. Have you ever been served breakfast in bed? Did you enjoy that? If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this coming weekend what would you hope to see on the tray? My children served me breakfast in bed twice when they were young. I have to admit I loved it seeing their sweet faces there with what they had prepared. The first time was a bowl of Wheaties and some orange juice. The bowl was so full and it sloshed all over the tray. I didn't care...it was the thought that counted. In a small bud vase they had put some beautiful purple weeds from the yard. It was glorious. The second time they fixed me donuts and coffee. They did this...because they were Dunkin Donuts. There is nothing like a donut being dunked. We all sat in the bed and dunked the donuts in the one cup of coffee. This is a precious memory. I got a gerber daisy in the bud vase this time. If I were to get breakfast this year I would like bacon, toast, coffee....or maybe a Dunkin Donut. :-)
2. What is one piece of advice you would give a new mother?
Enjoy each and every moment....when it is. Don't wish the time away....housework will wait...little ones won't. I will never forget watching Disney's Robin Hood with a sick little Kat about ten times....and wish I could watch it again today. Hold them often...being a mom was the greatest career I have ever had.
3. When was the last time you wanted to scream? Explain.
Monday in class. I had two students bickering back and forth and after asking them nicely to stop...wanted to scream and tell them to "Shut UP!" I didn't. I stepped out in the hall and flagged an administrator...who took them away for a bit. Three licks later...they returned.
4. Can you hula hoop?
Not in this lifetime. I have no hips...or backside...and even though I am a big girl....the hula hoop just won't stay up. I was always frustrated by this as a child....so I learned to spin it around my neck and arms....compromise is always best.
5. What is something people do in traffic that really bothers you?
Texting and driving. I hate to see people not paying a bit of attention while they thumb the key pad of their cell phone. Come On! I actually have two...the other one is when someone is waiting to pull out into traffic, there is no one behind me, and they pull out right in front of me (sound of me squalling tires)...and drive 15 miles an hour (they are probably texting too). THAT makes me want to scream!
6. What do you do when people don't admit they're wrong?
Look at what they are wrong about....and if it is something I can live with, or will not change the course of my life and the world in the next five years....move on. If it is something I cannot live with...and might possible change the course of world events....I have to prove them wrong some way or another. I am not going to waste my time over the stuff that does not matter. Sometimes I just seethe a bit....before moving on.
7. What is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'fun'?
Frank and Kat! I know that is two....but they are both so much fun. Frank has the most contagious laugh...and loves to have a good time. Kat is just plain fun to be around. They both make me a happy camper.
8. Mother's Day is this weekend and I am having a tough time dealing with it since I just lost my mom a month ago. So, I decided to give you a random collage I would call The Joys of Being a Mom. Can you remember some of yours? Happy Mother's Day! Hug your mom if you can.
Kat was 7 days old. This was our first outing.
Eric, Jenifer, and Kat at Jeni's in Birmingham. I think I have some good looking kids.
Kat and her godparents....Susan and Chuck.
My daughter and my mom at Eric's wedding.
Kat and Brian
Jill, Deborah and Kat in New York. This was her graduation present from me.
My kids at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Jeni actually quit her job to go on this trip.
Brian and Kat's wedding day.